CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Punch Tree

"Oh the weather outside is...", well it's beautiful  It has been warm and sunny here is Phoenix.  There are changes coming so they say.  I will believe it when I see it.  Of course I always look forward to the nice days we have, but trust me the rain is really welcomed and so are the lower temperatures. 

Today, I thought I would share with you a cute little tree I made using one punch.  The good thing about this tree is that it is so easy to make.  The bad thing is that the punch used it the photo corner punch which is retired.  Let's get on with the card.



Now I will admit the one thing missing from this card is a greeting.  I totally forgot to put one on before photographing it.  As you can see, I started with a base card of Real Red.  I took a stamp, which I will admit I cannot remember if it is from Stampin' Up! or not, and stamped it using VersaMark ink to make a watermark on the front of the card.  To make the watermark, all you do is stamp the image and let it dry.  No special powders or heat is needed.  It is a quick way to add a design to your card.  I then added a layer of Garden Green which was run through big shot using the petals-a-plenty impression folder.  I punched the corners using the ticket corner punch. 


If you have one of the photo corner punches or remember it, you would get 2 different sized of corners.  To make this tree, you use 3 of the large corners and 1 small one for the top.  I edged the corners with dazzling diamond glitter.  The tree pieces are punched in Garden Green.  To make the trunk, I took a scrap piece of Chocolate Chip card stock and cut it into a rectangle.  I adhered it to the Whisper White piece and then laid out the other pieces.  I attached then one by one once I was happy with the look.  I punched the corners of the piece with the ticket corner punch, edged it with Garden Green ink, and then adhered it to the green piece.  I also added some dazzling diamond glitter to the bottom of the tree to simulate snow as well as snow dots falling from the sky.  
Well I am off to spend the day with my hubby.  He is working a lot lately so this is a time we actually have together.  I will be back on Wednesday with another share.  Please stop by to see what I come up with.  Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment