CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reindeer Face

Hi everyone!  Well we have made it to the middle of the week.  I am busily doing laundry and do not have a lot of time today to be creative.  I decided to turn to a card I made last year and happened to come across a couple of days ago.  It is one of my cards that I would consider versatile because you can use the face on the card as either the card or on a treat box.  It makes it one of the nicer ones since I always have options. 

Anyway, let me show you the card and we will go from there.


Isn't he cute!!  He is made using a combination of punches and big shot dies.  The ears were made using the wide oval punch.  It is trimmed to the shape I like.  You could also use the large petal from the blossom builder punch.  The white part of the eyes, the eyelids, and the nose are the 1" punch.  The black of the eyes was made with the 1/2" punch.  I chose to do the nose in Real Red, like the base card, because I love the movie Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I can remember watching it since I was little.  Of course to make this guy's nose shine, I added red glitter to it.  The actually head of the reindeer is the wonderful top not die for the big shot.  Now I will tell you I used the retired card stock called Close to Cocoa.  You can use the Soft Suede currently available from SU! to make this.  The head, ears, and eyelids are all edged with the matching ink.  For the antlers, I used a die called tulipe.  This die is exclusive to Stampin' Up!.  I used Chocolate Chip card stock for these.  When you run this die through, it will cut out several pieces.  The piece I used for the antlers is one of them.  It works well if you ask me.  Last but not least, I used a fine tip black marker to draw on his mouth.  Add a nice greeting inside and off the card goes.  

I know this post is short but I have so much laundry and cleaning to do today.  It is a little overwhelming.  So I am off to get everything done so I can play with my stamps later.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment