CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Santa's Ride

I decided today to go back to my favorite paper folding technique -- Iris Fold.  I have so many patterns for this technique that I really do need to spend a day going through them and trying all of them out.  I happened to come across a set of Christmas ones and thought it was the perfect time to work on those.  So here is the one I chose today:


This particular pattern called for 3 coordinating papers.  So I went to my scrap box and took out 3 of a retired DSP from Stampin' Up!.  The color is Always Artichoke.  I like this dark green color and chose it for the base card.  The greeting is stamped in matching ink and comes from the current stamp set call Four the Holidays.  As you can see clearly, my hand rocked slightly when I was stamping it and it looks a little shaky at the end.  


I tried to get a little closer to the sleigh but did not want to cut much of it out.  The runner of the sleigh is made from Brushed Silver card stock.  It is adhered to the front of the card under the cut out part for the sleigh.  Let me refresh you on the Iris fold technique.  You begin with a pattern of what you are going to make.  Lay the pattern on a light box and put your piece of card stock on top of it.  Trace the pattern onto the card stock.  Then place your traced image on a cutting mat and cut the image out using a craft knife.  Lay the card stock with the cut out image on top of the pattern again and follow the pattern to get your layered look.  I find my patterns on the internet mostly.  You can google iris fold patterns and it will come up with sites for you to visit to check out the patterns.  It is really an easy technique.  
I am off to work on my Christmas cards again plus a few other items.  I got a little behind.  I suffer from depression and migraines and believe me when either of those flair up I get behind on everything.  Oh well.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment