CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

200 Already!!

Today marks my 200th post.  I can hardly believe it.  Perhaps what is most shocking to me is that I have had enough material to do 200 posts.  I can tell you I have truly enjoyed writing all of them and sharing my projects with you. 

Today's post will be a short one.  I must admit, I have some wrapping to do while everyone is out of the house and today may be my last chance.  So I thought we would move in the direction of an upcoming holiday - Valentine's Day.  I love all the red and pink you see during February.  Hearts, flowers, and candy seem to be in abundance and it is a time to let those you love know how important they are to you. 


Aren't they a cute couple?  Mr. and Mrs. Owl out on a wire.   For owls, I am sure this is a good date.  The base card for this one is a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I scored it and then place the front of the card into the impression folder called Framed Tulips.  It creates just what it say - a frame of tulips around the edges.  I then cut a piece of Basic Black to fit inside and a piece of Very Vanilla to layer on top of that.  Before attaching the vanilla piece, I grabbed a stamp set offered in last years Occasions Mini called Valentine Defined.  This set is retired but I still enjoy using it.  I stamped the wire of hearts onto the card stock using Cherry Cobbler ink.  I then adhered the vanilla to the black.  Then using the owl builder punch, I made my owls.  I wanted to jazz up their date outfits so I used the red glimmer card stock.  To differentiate between the boy and girl, I made Mr. Owl a vanilla heart boutonniere and gave Mrs. Owl a vanilla skirt.  The skirt was made by punching a large oval out of vanilla and then punching a scallop oval around the hole from the large one.  I trimmed off a piece to make the skirt fit.  Once they were made, I attached them using dimensionals.  I took the "love" stamp from the Valentine Defined stamp set and stamped it in between the owls using Cherry Cobbler ink.  Using the Heart to Heart punch, I punched several of the small hearts out of the glimmer paper and sprinkled them all over the scene.  I also made the little girl a bow by using 2 of the hearts from the owl builder punch and a 1/4" circle punch.  They are all dressed up and ready to go.

Believe it or not that's all for today.  I appreciate you dropping in to see my card.  Please come back tomorrow for another project.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment