CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, December 19, 2011

An Anniversary Card

Well I am pleased to say I have survived and made it to Monday.  I do not know about you but my weekend was full of highs and lows.  We were suppose to have a garage sale Saturday but it fell through because my husband was not feeling well.  So we have postponed it until after Christmas.  Saturday night we finally made it to Zoo lights.  Our oldest daughter and her beau went with us.  The lights were beautiful.  We truly enjoyed walking through the zoo.  There were 2 negatives to our outing though:  The first was there were so many people there that we could not park in the zoo lot.  We had to park about a 1/2 mile away or more and hike into the zoo.  Luckily, the weather was nice and cool.  Second, our youngest daughter and her beau were suppose to go with us too.  Unfortunately, they both had to work and were not able to come.  I think that was the biggest disappointment for me.  Then again, had I known what was coming Sunday morning, I would not have been so upset about anything that night. 

Sunday started off as a pretty okay day.  We got to sleep in a little and were planning on going to church.  Of course all the walking the night before had made me a little sore and I was looking forward to a nice warm shower.  Our water heater had other plans though.  It decided that it did not want to work any more and quit.  After an in depth look into the problem area, it became clear that it was not fixable.  We would need a new one.  We are truly blessed to have family that care and want to help.  What a horrible time of year to have the water heater go out.  I really felt bad about it when our youngest daughter got up to go to work and took an ice cold shower to get ready.  I felt like the worst mother on the planet.  I guess the weekend was just a roller coaster ride for me.  So let's talk about the card I want to share today.  That will make me feel better. 


I was inspired to do this card when I saw bells made from punches on a Christmas card.  I thought they would be perfect for an anniversary or wedding.  I started with a base card of Basic Black.  I took a piece of Very Vanilla and ran it through the big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.  I then spritzed it using the champagne colored paint mixed with alcohol for a shimmer effect.  In the center of the flowers on the wallpaper, I put teeny tiny black pearls.  I found them in my box of gems and thought they would look perfect.  I hope I can remember where I got them.  I would love to get some more.  Let me tell you how I made the bells.

 Here is a close up of the bells.  It also shows the shimmer from the spritz I used nicely.  Anyway, I started with a piece of Brushed Gold card stock.  Using my blossom builder punch, I punch out the largest petal twice.  I trimmed the scallop edge off and attached them together with a little glue at the top.  I added a black and gold small oval (the retired one).  The thin piece of black on the bottom of the bell is just a scrap strip I cut.  I added the small circle from the itty bitty punch pack to this.  Pearls just seemed to fit the theme so I place one on each circle and a line of them on top of the black oval.  A tiny bow make using basic black grosgrain ribbon (1/4") tops it off.  It is attached using a glue dot.  The entire bell is attached to the card using dimensionals.  


For the greeting I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I tell you I do not know what I would do without it.  I stamped the greeting in VersaMark ink on vanilla and heat embossed it using black embossing powder.  I punch it out with the word window punch and layered it on a black modern label punch.  I added a small pearl to each end and attached the greeting using dimensionals.  Simple and elegant is how I would describe this.  
Well, as this week begins, I can only hope things go better than my weekend.  As Christmas draws near, I would like to simply enjoy my time and have no stress.  (Even I made myself laugh with that statement.)  Thank you so much for reading my ramble and for dropping by today.  I will see you tomorrow with another creation to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment