CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Are You Ready For The New Year?

Here we are at Wednesday already.  It seems that time just flies by especially when you get to spend time with loved ones.  Any way, I thought it might be nice to share a card with you that you could send to someone for the new year.

I don't know about you, but I have not made many new year cards over the years.  I usually send Christmas and that's all.  Well for some reason, I was inspired to make a card for after Christmas.  So let's get started so you can make some yourself if you choose. 


My base card is Whisper White cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then cut a piece of Basic Black at 4" x 5 1/4" for my front layer.  From the picture, you can see that I wanted this card to sparkle.  So before I attached the black to the white, I sprayed it with my mixture of alcohol and champagne mist shimmer paint.  It sure made it sparkle.  I then used my big shot and my Billboard die to make the letters for the words.  I used Brushed Gold card stock for these.  I then got out my handy Cricut machine and my cartridge titled Stretch Your Imagination.  I cut out 2 sets of glasses:  one in white and one in gold.  I trimmed the ribbons off the gold glasses and layered them on top of the white ones.  I then added a pearl to the center of each ribbon.  I used a flash for this picture so you could see the sparkle but it does not allow a clear view of the glasses.  So let's look at them a little closer.

Although it is not the best shot, you can see some of the details to the glasses.  In order to make it appear they had champagne in them to ring in the new year, I took the champagne mist shimmer paint and a paintbrush and painted the area where the liquid would be.  You can kind of see it in this shot.  To enhance the white of the glasses and jazz them up just a little, I added dazzling diamond glitter to the white area.  Of course, I love this card with all the glitz on it!!

I hope your week is going along well.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Please stop by again.  Thanks for dropping in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment