CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Baking My Life Away!!

Why is it we always seem to bake so much around the holidays than we do the rest of the year?  I don't really have an answer for that.  It seems to start at Thanksgiving with pies and continue through Christmas.  My daughter and I made M and M cookies and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies the other day.  Then I baked these yummy little tarts that my mom made when I was little.  I still have more to do.  So it is nice to take a break and make cards for awhile. 

Cookies at Christmas always reminds me of gingerbread people.  I guess it is because we build our gingerbread houses and always have people on the outside.  So when I came across this stamp the other day, I really wanted to use it. 


This little girl is just so happy she is tumbling all over the paper.  I started this card with a Garden Green base.  I then took a piece of Whisper White I trimmed the edges using a pair of decorative scissors.  I stamped the gingerbread image right-side up and upside down to make her seem to tumble across the paper.  


Here is a closer look at my girl.  Sorry she seems a little blurry.  Anyway, I colored her using colored pencils.  If you look at the bow on her head and the bow and buttons on the body, you will see that I alternated using green and red.  Her frosting on her arms and legs were colored in using glitter glue.  After all she needed some dazzle.  
Well I know this is a short post but I do have lots of holiday things to do.  Hopefully I will be done baking soon.  Thank you for stopping by today.  Please come back tomorrow.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment