CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Do You Like Vegetables?

I think as a child I was pretty typical when it came it eating my vegetables.  I had certain ones I loved like green beans and others that I really did not want to eat like broccoli.  When I became a parent, I expected to have the same struggle my parents did when it came to getting my children to eat their veggies.  Boy was I in for a shock!  Both of my girls love their vegetables.  I think my oldest was eating salad by the time she was 2.  They were completely opposite of most of my friends children.  It made my life a little easier, at least in that area.

What do veggies have to do with my share for today?  Well, I know a couple of veggies that most kids love and wanted to share them with you now.  Are you ready?


Meet Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato, the stars of Veggie Tales.  I don't know about your children but mine love these guys.  Yes they are grown up but they still sing the songs from the shows and love to see the shows when they have a chance.  The morals and values taught on these shows were wonderful.  I must admit I too am a huge fan and actually have ringtones on my phone from their silly songs.  But let's get back to the card.  I started with a base card of Marina Mist.  I embossed the front of it using the Framed Tulips impression folder and my big shot.  I then cut a layer of Whisper White to fit inside the frame.  I ran it through the big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder and attached it with runner adhesive.  My final layer is Basic Black.  I punched out circles in 1", 3/4", and 1/2 using the colors of Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, and Cajun Craze.  I randomly placed them on the black, attached them with runner adhesive, and ran it through the big shot with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.  This embedded the circles into the black which I love the look of.  It was attached to the white with runner adhesive.  Now onto our vegetable friends.  

Here is a close up view of our friends.  They are cute and not terrible hard to make.  Here are the instructions:

Bob the Tomato was made using a 1 3/4" circle in Real Red for his body, brushed on the edges with Bravo Burgundy.   His stem is a scrap of Soft Suede I had.  His Garden Green top is one of the flowers from the Boho Blossom punch.  I attached it to the circle and then trimmed off the excess.  Then I attached the stem.  For his eyes, I used the small heart punch.  I cut it in half, rounded the tops, and edged them with Tempting Turquoise ink.  I used a liquid glue to attach them.  His nose is a Real Red 1/4" circle and the black of his eyes is a 1/8" circle.  For the mouth, I punched out a word window and used one end.  I trimmed it to look more like a circle.  After all, Bob is always surprised by what Larry says and does.  
Larry the Cucumber was made a little differently than Bob.  I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and punched out a 1 3/4" circle to represent the size of Bob.  I then free hand drew a cucumber shape beside it.  I just worked with it until it was the shape I wanted.  I then cut it out and used it as my template for Larry.  I traced it on a piece of Garden Green and cut him out.  His eyes are made the exact same way as Bob's.  His nose is also a 1/4" circle in Garden Green.  For his mouth, I used the other end of the word window and trimmed it to be in a smile.  I then took a scrap of white and cut a small piece for his tooth.  Once all his parts were glued down, I used my Garden Green Stampin' Up! marker to draw on his cucumber lines.  

Both figures were attached to the card using dimensionals.  This card could be used just to send a hello to a friend or for birthday wishes.  I am going to make another card with out friends here for tomorrow.  Be sure to cone back to see it.  Thanks for dropping in today.  Until tomorrow, keep stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment