CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Last Snowman

As I sat working on the card I want to share today, I could not help but think you all must be tired of Christmas Card samples by now.  I think I have shared on every day this month.  So while I will not promise not to make another card with that theme to show you, I will promise to add more cards for different occasions starting tomorrow.  Today, one more snowman for you to see.


Isn't he dapper with his fedora on his snowy head?   I saw a similar snowman online and really wanted to make one.  I started with a Basic Black card for the base.  I then took a couple of pieces of Whisper White card stock and ran them through the big shot using the perfect polka dot impression folder.  I punch out 3 circles from one piece - 1 1/4", 1 3/8", and 1 3/4".  These of course were for the snowman's body.   I took my other piece of embossed white and tore strips to make the snow on the card front.  I began assembly by attaching the torn strips of white to the base.  I then built my snowman using the circles.  I left the edges of the middle circle a little loose so I could add the arms.   I then added my dazzling diamond glitter to the edges of the snow.  For the snowman arms, I used the snowflake punch.  I cut off 2 branches of the snowflake and trimmed them to the shape I wanted.  I attached them by adding a little Tombo glue to the end and slipping each one under the edge of the snowman.  The snow falling from the sky was made using a non Stampin' Up! punch I happen to have.  It is an edge punch that makes all those circles so I simply punched the edge of the embossed white pieces and attached the dots to the card around the snowman.  You could use the circle from the owl punch if you wanted.  It does give you 3 sizes and they would look great.


For the face of the snowman, I used the sprinkles from the cupcake builder punch for the eyes and the small circles from the owl punch for the mouth.  The nose is actually a leaf from the branch of the bird builder punch.  I added lines to hopefully give it more of a carrot appearance.  The scarf is made from 2 small piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon.  I added the small circles from the owl builder punch onto it for a design.  The hat is 1/2 of a designer label punch in Real Red.  I used a simple strip of Basic Black for the hat band.   I used the branch leaves from the bird builder punch to make the holly and the sprinkles from the cupcake builder for the berries.  I added green glitter glue dots to the hat and holly and covered the berries with red glitter glue.  I then took my handy white gel pen and added dots to the hat band.  While there are lots of little pieces to this guy, he really is each to make.

Tomorrow, I am moving on to a different theme.  You will just have to come back to see what I do.  Thanks for dropping in today.  See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment