CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Ready for the Weekend

I don't know why but this has been a long week around my house.  Maybe it is because we had some important decisions to make and my husband worked a lot.  Or maybe it is all the baking I did.  We also had a lot of rain this week and our little dog does not like to go out in the rain or when the ground is wet so that added to my frustration.  No matter why it has been a long week, I am so grateful the weekend is finally here.  I am hoping to watch a lot of football and get some rest.  After all, Christmas is only a week away!!

This past year,  I spent time with several brides to be as well as at a wedding.  So for today, I wanted to share a card I made yesterday with you.  The theme is wedding.  It is a card I would give to the happy couple on their special day. 


I chose to use the colors of Bashful Blue and Whisper White for this one.  I would try to coordinate it to the couples chosen color scheme for their wedding but since there is no special wedding in mind, I went with the first colors I grabbed.  Anyway, I used those delightful rosettes on this one.  The base card is the white.  I usually use either white or vanilla as the base then add the other colors.  The only layer added to this one is a Bashful Blue layer which had been run through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  I then attached a piece of  Whisper White taffeta ribbon to the blue layer by applying runner adhesive to the ribbon that would go on the back and then bringing it around and making a knot in the front.  Using more runner adhesive, I attached the layer to the base card.  The smaller rosette is a solid blue layered on a 2 3/8" scallop circle in white.  I then added the small flower from the BoHo Blossom punch to the center.  I always use my Tombo liquid glue to attach the rosette to the back piece and the front piece.  I then sit something heavy on it until it dries completely.  I added a light blue rhinestone to the center and it was ready for the card.  It is attached with glue dots.


Here is a close up of the larger rosette on this card.  I started the same way with a solid blue strip.  I scored it a 1/4" intervals.  Once scoring was complete, I put it through the Lace Ribbon border punch.  This gives it an elegant look.  It kind of reminds me of a snowflake.  It is layered on a 2 1/2" circle in white.  I then added a flower from the BoHo Blossom punch with a flower from the flower punch in the itty bitty punch pack.  Again, I placed something heavy on it until it dried.  A rhinestone was added and it was attached using glue dots.

For the greeting, I turned to the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  If you do not have this set, I highly recommend it.  It works extremely well on so many cards for so many occasions.  It is my go to set.  I stamped the greeting in VersaMark ink and added silver embossing powder to it.  I heat embossed it to give it an shiny, elegant look.  I punched it out using the word window punch and attached it using dimensionals.  While I did not take a picture of the inside, I did heat emboss it with silver embossing powder too.  My card is all done and ready to go.  Now I just need someone to get married so I can send it to them!
As you head out to your weekend, I wish you a lot of fun.  Do something you really want to do and relax a little if you can.  I will return Monday with another card to share.  Until then, thanks for dropping in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment