CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Arrgh Maties! The Pirates Are Here!

Last we I made a couple of cute birthday cards featuring Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales.  As I was making them, I could not help but think of some of the songs they have made.  One that stood out was "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything".  My oldest is a huge pirate fan and really liked this song.  I have it set as her ringtone whenever she calls me.  So making a pirate card seemed like the natural thing to do. 


While these are not vegetables, I still like them very much.  As always, let's start at the beginning.  My base card is made from Early Espresso card stock.  The layer on top is Whisper White.  I used my SU! pastels to create the background of sky, ocean, and sand.  I added some fine tip black marker birds to the sky and thin lines of glue for glitter to the ocean waves.  The glitter is dazzling diamonds.  For the sun and treasure chest, I turned to my Cricut machine and a cartridge called Life's A Beach.  The sun is made using Daffodil Delight card stock.  The face was added to the sun by the Cricut and I accentuated the features of it using a fine tip black marker.  I also added a little orange chalk to the sun just to highlight it.  For the treasure chest, I cut out 2:   one from Early Espresso and one from Brushed Gold.  I used my craft knife and cut along the lines created by the Cricut on the Brushed Gold chest.  This left me with the outline to actually layer on the Espresso.  I also made sure to add the lock.  Then I filled the chest with gems for the treasure.  


I used the owl builder punch to make my pirates.  The first one got a hat as his special feature.  The card stock colors used for him are Early Espresso for the body and large eye circle, Whisper White for the medium eye circle, Basic Black for the small eye circle and the medium circle used for the eye patch and finally Tangerine Tango for the heart for the beak.  For this owl, I used a piece of retired dsp in Tempting Turquoise for his shirt.  The hat is an owl punched out in Basic Black and cut in half.  To complete the eye patch, I used a fine tip black marker to draw on the lines representing the elastic piece that goes around the head.  This picture also allows you to see the treasure chest a little closer.  I added the black dots to it for the nails.  Now on to the next pirate!

This little guy's special feature is his peg leg.  For the main part of the pirare, I used exactly the same card stock colors listed above.  One difference for this guy is his shirt is from a retired piece of dsp with Green Galore as its color.  I was sad when this one retired.  I loved Green Galore.  The  other difference is his peg leg.  To make it, I used a scrap piece of Crumb Cake and cut a thin strip off.  I then snipped off one of his feet and added the leg.  

These pirates are very easy to make and can be put together quickly.  Give them a try.  I am so glad you came by today and looked at my card.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I make next.  Thanks for dropping in today.  See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment