CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Difficult Cards

Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I tried to get a few chores done as well as rest a little bit along the way.   Now it is time to jump into a new week and see what it has in store for me. 

From the title, you might be thinking that our theme today is sympathy.  While I do find those cards difficult to make at times it is more because of why I have to make it and not the actual design.  The most difficult type of cards for me to make are masculine cards.  I just do not come up easily with ideas for these.  I will sit and look through sample after sample hoping to be inspired but it always takes a while.  So I have decided to challenge myself with the task of making some of these cards.  I am going to try to have one per week but no promises.  Today I do have one to share.  It has some of my husbands favorite things on it. 


TOOLS!!!!  What man does not like tools?  This card was pretty fun to make and I made extra tools for a few other cards too.  The base card is Chocolate Chip card stock.  I stamped the from of it with the Woodgrain stamp just to add a textured look to it.  This stamp is from SU!.  It is quite large so it will cover the entire front of the card at one time.  I then took a piece of Crumb Cake and cut it to the size I wanted.  I ran it through the big shot using an impression folder from Cuttlebug called Diamond Plate.  I like this folder for manly cards.  It actually caught my attention because it reminded me of the bumper on my husband's ladder truck.  I edged the Crumb Cake with Chocolate Chip ink to darken the edges.  It is attached using runner adhesive.  The greeting is from the Look Who's Turning stamp set.  It is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla card stock and punched out using the word window punch.  I layered it on a piece of Crumb Cake punched with the modern label punch.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.


 To make the tools, I started by taking my Totally Tool stamp set and stamping each tool using StazOn ink.  I then used my colored pencils and colored all the tools.  Once colored, you just need to cut them out.  I think the measuring tape is the hardest to cut out.  I have seen people attach these to the card using brads, giving the appearance of pegs on a board.  I chose not to do this.  I simply randomly placed the tools on the Diamond Plate until I was happy with the look and attached them using Tombo Liquid glue.  


This is a shot of the inside of my card.  I chose the screwdriver because I loved the saying.  I am positive it fits lots of guys out there.  It is stamped on Very Vanilla using Chocolate Chip ink, layered on a piece of Crumb Cake and attached using runner adhesive.  I did not want to color the tool inside.  I thought it looked good just as it was.  After all, most men don't really care about bling.  They are looking at the overall concept.
Well that's it for today.  I hope your Monday is a good one.  Take time to stamp today and be creative.  It always helps you have a good day!  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment