CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Wabbit Season!

Now if you are a fan of Looney Toons, you probably know the character that cannot pronounce "R"'s.  Every time he says a word that begins with the letter "R" it comes out as a "W".  My husband is a huge fan of Looney Toons and has quite the collection of memorabilia displayed in his office.  So when I visited the punch queen Ellen Kemper's blog and saw all the characters she had made using punches, I just had to try my hand at a few of them.  I made a Bugs Bunny face for my husband and a Tweety for my daughter.  So now it is time to try some other characters.

Since I have been talking about masculine cards and how they seem to be my most difficult concepts to come up with, I wanted to choose characters I felt would work for men.  This guy is the first one that caught my eye.


Say hello to Elmer Fudd.  I hope you recognized him.  I know there are some flaws on him but this was my first attempt so please be forgiving.  Besides, those flaws give him character and make him a one of a kind.  I learned to make Elmer from Ellen Kemper as I said before.  That is the only thing I cased on this card.  The rest is my own design.  Let's start with the background and move onto him.  My base card for this one is Night of Navy.  I chose to take a piece of shimmer white card stock to use as my layer.  I ran it through my big shot using an impression folder called Stars from Cuttlebug for this one.  After I made Elmer and placed him on the card front, I added some red glitter glue to the center of the visible stars.  I guess I was feeling a little patriotic.  


Here's a closer look at Elmer's face.  He is a happy little fellow don't you think?  Anyway, I know you may be wanting to learn to make him yourself so my suggestion would be to go to Ellen's Blog to get the full list and directions.  The card stock color's I used are Always Artichoke and Basic Black for his outfit.  I used Blushing Bride for his face, neck, and hands.  I drew his face on and colored the whites of his eyes with a white gel pen.  


Here is the rifle up close.  Again the directions are on her blog.  I used Early Espresso and Brushed Silver for this.  I think it looks pretty good.  As long as you can tell it is a rifle, I am okay with it.  
As with all punch figures, he does take a little bit of time to make and if you are like me, you will make a few mistakes and need to redo some of the pieces.  I still encourage you to try though.  The figures are so cute they are definitely worth it. 

That's all for today.  I will share another character tomorrow so please come back to see him too.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today.  See you later and happy stamping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment