CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Love Bee

Happy Wednesday everyone.  It is so nice to be posting again this week and it is flying by.  I can't believe it is already the mid point of the week.  By now I am sure you have realized my theme for this week is Valentine's Day.  Is there ever a bad time to celebrate how much you love someone?  I think not!!  So with that in mind let's get started with our card for today.


Isn't he the cutest bee you have ever seen?  I just love his little personality that shows through in his expression.  I am going to start at the beginning as always.  The base card for this one is Melon Mambo.  My layer on top of that is a piece of Whisper White that I chalked using my pastels to look like a sky.  I do so love chalk!!  For the little hearts, I took a piece of glimmer silver card stock and colored it with Melon Mambo ink using a sponge.  The more ink you apply the darker the color will look.  I stopped when it was a pink I liked.  In the other pictures I will show you the hearts are easier to see.  Once the silver was colored, I punched out my hearts using the small heart punch.  

Here we can see his face up close.  His head and helmet were made using the ornament punch.  His antenna are from the photo corner punch with the ends being the medium circles from the owl punch.  The owl punch was also used to make the eyes and nose for this little guy.  His mouth was made using the large oval punch with the smallest circle from the owl punch on the ends.  For the wings, I used vellum card stock and punched out 2 wide ovals.  I then inked them using VersaMark ink and sprinkled heat and stick powder on.  It was then melted using the heat gun.  I then sprinkled iridescent ice embossing powder on top of the melted heat and stick powder and heat embossed it again.  They were then inked around the edges with Basic Black ink.  His hands are from the ends of the Modern Label punch.  I took the retired stamp set Valentine Defined and used one of the stamps for the greeting.  It is stamped in Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White card stock.  I then punched it out using the full heart punch.  I took a piece of Melon Mambo and ran it through the big shot using the Scallop Heart Embosslit folder.  The white heart was then layered on top of this.


Here you can see the bottom half of the bee.  It too is made using the ornament punch.  I then punched out rings using the wide oval punch offset from a wide oval hole with Daffodil Delight card stock.  His feet are the small oval punch and his legs are the large oval punch.  I saw this little guy made a few years ago.  I cannot remember who made it but it stuck with me.  
Tomorrow we will continue with our theme.  I hope you are enjoying these cards and getting some good ideas for yourself.  Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment