CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Love Bugs?

Welcome to Friday.  Usually I look forward to the weekends as a time to relax and be with family.  I have to be honest, this is not one I am looking forward to.  As we say goodbye to a friend who was like family on Sunday, I am sure I will cry.  I am such an emotional person.  I cry at everything!  Anyway, I am trying to really gather my thoughts and focus on just one day at a time right now.  So we should get going on the card for today.

Did you ever see the Herbie the Love Bug movies when you were growing up?  I love those movies.  I will admit it - I actually own them.  I love to watch them time and time again.  They are so much fun.  Well when I made my bee the other day, I started thinking about bugs.  Weird huh?  I guess that train of thought led me to thinking about Herbie.  I thought why not make a love bug card using the car as the bug.  It made perfect sense to me.  My punch queen Ellen Kemper was a big help to me a few years ago when I was asked to make birthday invitations featuring Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars.  I was able to get a basic idea from her and turn it into what I needed.  So this time, I went to my car from the invitation and figured how to change it to make it Herbie-like.  Here is what I came up with:


Are they not the sweetest couple?  In order to fit both cars on here, I used a 7" x 10"  base card in Whisper White, scored at 5".  I then put a layer of Basic Black that was 4 7/8" x 6 7/8".  I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".  I chalked a sky onto this using a light blue chalk.  I then put a 1 1/2" x 6 3/4" strip of Basic Black on the bottom to make the road.  The lines on the road are drawn on using a while gel pen.  

For my letters, I used the glimmer red card stock.  I ran it through the big shot using the Billboard Sizzlit strip.  I then took more glimmer red and ran it through the big shot using the new Fashionable Hearts embosslit die from the Occasions Mini catalog.  It is hard to see all the texture you get on these hearts but I do like the overall effect.  Let's look at the little cars now.

Here is the girl.  Basically both cars use the same punches to make them.  The difference you find on the girls is she has the small heart for her lips and the large flower from the boho blossom punch was used to make the eye lashes.   Let's take a look at the boy and then I will list punches for you.


His unique feature is his mustache which is made using the end of the modern label punch.  Now let's get to the basic punches used for these cars.  The body is made with the wide oval punch.  I put a 2nd wide oval punch that was scored down the center perpendicular to the body and adhered it down.  I trimmed off the excess.  The top if the car is also a wide oval.  The windshield is made with vellum punch from the large oval punch.  The rear view mirror is the retired horizontal slot punch.  For the wheel wells, I used large oval punches.  The bumper is a combination of the designer label punch and the word window punch.  The tires (which are hard to see I know) are the modern label punch.  I used the 3/4" circle, the 1/2" circle and the 1/4" circle for the eyes.  That's really all there is to them.  They are fairly simple to put together once your pieces are punched.  I used Pretty in Pink for the girl and Marina Mist for the boy.  The mirror and the bumper were made with Brushed Silver card stock.  
I do wish all of you a nice weekend ahead.  I will be back on Monday with another share.  Thanks for stopping by today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment