CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love is in Bloom

Who doesn't like to receive a beautiful bouquet of flowers on Valentine's Day?  At my home, most of my flowers that I have received are wooden.  That's right, wooden.  They are roses made out of wood and they last forever.  My husband doesn't like getting real flowers that will fade away in a few days.  He prefers to give me ones that will last.  Sweet, huh!

So I wanted to make a card with a cute bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day.  I sat and thought long and hard and finally came up with an idea.  Off to work I went.  I have to tell you I was surprised at how easy it all seemed to come together.  Want to see it?  Here it is:


So what do you think?  I wanted to stick with a heart theme so I used my full heart punch and my small heart punch to do all the hearts for this.  My base card is made with Elegant Eggplant card stock.  The only layer I added to this one is a Whisper White layer edged with Elegant Eggplant ink.  Do not attach this to your base card until you have attached the vase to it.  To make the plant flourish, I turned to my Wedding Sweet stamp set.  I used the large stamp from it and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up.  I stamped it in Wild Wasabi ink.  Then it was time to add the vase.

I used the full heart punch and my glimmer red card stock to make this.  I punched out the heart and adhered it to the card stock where I wanted it.  I then turned the white over and trimmed off the piece of the heart hanging over the edge.   I knew I would use the small heart punch and the glimmer red card stock to make some of the heart flowers, but I wanted more colors than just red.  I turned once again to the glimmer silver card stock and set out to make other colors.  


I took one square of the glimmer silver about 2" x 2" and added Melon Mambo ink to it using my sponge.  Remember, the more you add the darker the color.  I have found that I use the darker colors of ink for this so it will show up.  I also used another square same size of the silver and added Elegant Eggplant ink to it with a sponge.  Once they were colored with the ink, I took my small heart punch and punched several of each color:  Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant and Glimmer Red.  Once they were punched, I simply placed them on the flourish until I was happy with the look, then added adhesive and stuck them down.  Easy as pie to make and beautiful to look at.  
I wonder what I will make for tomorrow.  I guess I will find out as my day goes along.  I do promise to have something ready to share with you.  Thanks for dropping in today.  I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment