CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

"My Biscuits Are Burnin'"

Have you ever heard that phrase before?  Do you know who said it?  Well if you do then you know which Looney Toon character I will be sharing today.  I will admit, I made this one before about a year ago.  However, I did not take any pictures before giving it to a friend for his birthday.  So this is actually my second time making him.  Of course, it had been a year so there are flaws.  It was just like making him for the first time again.

I have rambled enough so let's get started for today.  Ready to see him?  Here we go!!


It's Yosemite Sam himself!!  I bet you knew that already though.  Once again, I turned to the punch queen Ellen Kemper to learn how to make him.  But as always, let's start at the beginning and move to the character himself.  My base card is Always Artichoke.  I have to tell you, I was really stumped on what to do for his backdrop.  As I was taking a shower it hit me.  I remembered the beautiful desert scene stamp I bought to do the stain glass technique with.  I decided to just stamp it using StazOn ink onto Whisper White card stock and color it in with colored pencils.  The scene seemed to suit him.  I layered it on a piece of Basic Black and then adhered it to the Artichoke card. 

I bet you see my flaw already.  When I was attaching his whiskers, I got a little glue on the top of them.  I tied to erase it with my adhesive eraser but it did not work so well and the result is what you see.  So Be careful when putting those pieces on but at the same time always remember the flaws simply add character to your card.  Overall lesson:  don't sweat the small stuff.  As I said earlier, I learned this from the queen of punching herself.  If you would like a list of punches and instructions on how to make him, simply email me or visit Ellen's Blog.  Look on her list of topics for people and you should find him.  The card stock colors I used are Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, and Night of Navy.  I do like this guy to give to men.  He always tries to act so macho.  Let's face it, don't all men try to act macho at one time or another?  Sam here is just more up front about it. 

It has been a busy week so far.  I am glad tomorrow is Friday.  I hope your week is moving along smoothly.  I will return tomorrow with one more character for you.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today and I'll see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment