CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Say It With Hearts

Have you ever received those little conversation hearts for Valentine's Day?  They are usually in a little box and have all kinds of sayings on them such as "Be Mine".  I will be honest and tell you I really do not like to eat them but they are always fun to read.  I was at the store the other day and they actually had  M & M's that had sayings on them.  Now those I would eat!!  They are just so much fun.

Today's card has an animal on it I have done before, he is just in a different setting.  So why don't we take a look at this guy.  I hope you remember him.


I used this adorable little elephant on a card a while ago.  He was surrounded by peanuts on that one.  Well this time he is ready for love.  My base card is from Riding Hood Red card stock.  I then used Pink Pirouette for my layer.  I ran it through the big shot using an impression folder from Cuttlebug that has those fun conversation hearts on it.  I love this folder.  I am always happy when I get to use it.  It just makes me smile.  Anyway, I thought why not have him blow hearts from his trunk.  From the idea to the card was simple at that point.

He is one happy elephant!  I will briefly list punches I used since he has been posted before.  His ears are the ornament punch.  The head is the wide oval and the trunk is from the blossom builder punch.  The owl builder punch provided the eyes for this guy.  I drew the "wrinkles" and the smile for him.  I used the smallest heart from the Heart to Heart punch and punched out lots of them using the glimmer red card stock.

For the hands and feet, I used the 1" circle punch.  The body is the 2 1/2" circle and the tail is the  branch from the bird builder punch.  Those pretty pink toe nails are 1/4" circles.  You can see how I had the hearts trail down from the trunk to the bottom of the card.  I ran a line of these hearts across the bottom to add color and sparkle.  This has to be one of my favorite Valentine's cards I have made.  
Tomorrow is Friday already.  I will have one more Valentine to share with you.  This one is really good so please come back.  Thanks for dropping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment