CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Yes, We Have Bananas

Okay so I know the song says we have no bananas but my card does.  For some odd reason, when I woke up this morning, I really wanted to make a card with a monkey on it.  Go figure!  Who knows why that idea popped into my head but it did.  So I decided to run with it.  Here is what I came up with.


So here is my monkey just swinging by to say Happy Birthday.  I used my trusty Cricut to make this one.  I used a cartridge called Create A Critter.  It is one of the cutest Cricut cartridges I have ever seen.  It has all sorts of animals and accessories for them on it.  Today was the monkey's day to be made.  My base card for this one is Early Espresso card stock.  For the layer on top, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and used my SU! pastels (chalk) to create the sky.  The tree vines you see are some of the accessories for the monkey.  I used Garden Green card stock to cut the swag and vine out of.  I took a fine tip green marker and added the lines to the leaves.  They were attached using a liquid glue.  The greeting is from the stamp set Curly Cute and is stamped in Pacific Point ink.

Here is a close up of my little friend.  The nice thing about the Cricut is that I could cut the monkey out in layers.  I started by cutting a Crumb Cake monkey and then cut the outline of him out of Early Espresso.  I added this layer to the Crumb Cake using a liquid glue.  For his face, the Cricut cut out the eyes, nose and mouth for me.  So I took my handy 1" circle punch and punched a Basic Black circle to place on the back of the monkey.  Once it was attached, I added the monkey to the card with liquid glue.  Let's take a look inside the card.


Ta Da!!  I think I did a pretty good job of making it as cute as the outside.  What little boy or girl wouldn't love this?  The greeting is stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Early Espresso ink.  The stamp set is a retired one and right now the name escapes me.  Oh well.  Let's look at the cute bananas!


These are another accessory offered with the monkey.  I used Daffodil Delight to cut out the peel and Very Vanilla for the banana part.  Once again, the Cricut cut these out separately.  I layered the peel on top of the banana and attached it with liquid glue.  I markings for eyes and a mouth on the fruit were made when it was cut out.  I simply used a fine tip black marker to accentuate them.  

I am sure you noticed, I have added a store to my blog site on the upper left.  It lists cards that I have made which are for sale.  Basically, every card I share with you is available for purchase.  There are only a few listed as I just put this together last night.  Also, I am still trying to figure out how to get the picture of the card to appear with the description.  So much to learn and I am so technically challenged.  I will do my best to learn it quickly and get more cards listed.  Thanks for your patience with this and thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment