CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Heart to Heart

You know back in the 80's (now I am dating myself aren't I?) there was a detective show called Hart to Hart.  It was about a husband and wife team who solve crimes together.  Now this has absolutely nothing to do with my card for today, but it is fun trivia and fit with my title. 

My card for today does feature hearts.  This is the one I had half finished on Wednesday.  I did sit down and complete it so I could share it with you.  So let's get started.


Here we see the 2 hearts ready to go out on the town.  As always, let's start at the beginning.  I used Elegant Eggplant for my base card.  My top layer is Whisper White and I ran it through the big shot using an impression folder that embossed conversation hearts all over it.  This folder is not Stampin' Up!.  It is from Cuttlebug.  Once I had it impressed, I placed it in an area where I could spritz it using an alcohol base spray with champagne colored shimmer paint in it.  Hopefully, you will be able to see the shimmer in the next picture.  The red glimmer hearts were punched using the small heart on the Heart to Heart punch. 

Well if you look real hard, maybe you will see the shimmer.  The heart people are very easy to make.  I used the full heart punch for the bodies.  The owl punch served for the eyes.  I trimmed the white large circles down to size for the eyes.  I used the small oval to make the mouths on each one and the modern label punch for the hands.  I would punch one for each person and then used the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack to punch off the ends.  The arms and legs were made using the retired photo corner punch.  You could use just a scrap piece of paper for these.  The shoes are the small heart from the Heart to Heart punch, trimmed to fit.  For the girls, I used the small heart punch  and the 1/4" circle punch to make the bow for her.  I added white gel dots to add design.

For the man, he needed a hat.  Not just any hat mind you but a top hat.  I made this using the 1" square punch and the word window punch.  I punched 2 squares, 1 white and 1 black.  I trimmed them down to make them into a rectangle then cut off a strip of the white to serve as the hat band.  I punched the word window in black and then reinserted it and punched again to get the brim of the hat.  I added black doodle dots to the hat band.   Both people were attached to the card using pop dots.  I also aded glitter to the hands because no card is complete without glitter.  

It is time for the weekend and I wish you all a wonderful one.  I hope you have happy days and many blessings.  I will return Monday with another card to share with you.  I will see you all then.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment