CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lovely Springtime

Happy Leap Year Day!!!   Welcome to Wednesday everyone.  Well yesterday we finally cooled down again here in Phoenix.  Our high was only in the 60's instead of in the upper 70's to low 80's.  Now some of you may think those temperatures are nothing to complain about and you are right.  It is just that the sooner we start warming up, the hotter the summer usually is.  Believe me, 115 degrees is nothing to reach during the summer and the longer it can be put off the better.

As we move into these nice temperatures though we see the flowers beginning to come back and the trees looking green again.  Well you cannot help but think of spring.  It always amazes me how we jump from holiday to holiday in the stores.  Now I love Easter but with it being over a month away, I am not ready to shop for it.  So I decided today I would make another critter based on the tutorial from Kim Score.  While I did use some of the information for this one, I changes a few of the items to suit my needs.  So let's get started.


I started with a base card of Marina Mist cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then cut a piece of Basic Black card stock at 4" x 5 1/4".  I took that piece and sprayed it with a champagne shimmer spray made with 2 oz of alcohol and a few drops of the champagne shimmer paint.  I know you cannot really see it in the picture but when the light hits the card just right, it sparkles!  Once it was sprayed and dried (this happens very quickly) I ran it through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and using the Lace Ribbon Border punch, I punched a strip to place across the card.  


I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set for the greeting on this one.  I stamped the greeting with StazOn black ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then punched it out using the Word Window punch.  Next I took a scrap piece of Marina Mist card stock and punched out a Modern Label.  I layered the greeting on top of the modern label.  I wanted to add a little something to the greeting so I went to my box of brads.  These are not from Stampin' Up! but they are cute.  I picked up these little flowers at a convention not too long ago.  I used a light purple set for this card.  I attached this using dimensionals.


Here is a close up of my butterfly.  The face is the same from the dragonfly yesterday.  I did use one piece of the body that Kim had in her instructions.  I made the antennas black first but changed it when I realized you would not be able to see them on the background.  I went with Melon Mambo instead.  I also used the scallop flower from the teeny tiny punch pack.  I punched one in black, cut it in half, and placed them behind the eyelids for lashes.  Again if I had been thinking ahead, I would have used a different color since they really do not show up.  I added glitter to the nose for personality.  The wings included in the instructions were completely different from what I did so I will share this with you.   For my wings, I chose to use Vellum Paper.  I ran 2 pieces of this through my big shot using the Beautiful Butterflies die.  I used the half butterfly wings on it, cutting out 2 of each size.  I then used some glitter from my huge stash of glitter to add colorful dots to the wings.  I let these dry completely.  Once dry, I attached the small ones first to the body using a glue pen, and then I attached the large ones behind that using the glue stick.  I attached the completed butterfly to the card using dimensionals. 

Finally everyone at my house if feeling a little better.  Hopefully all will be well by the weekend.  I will return tomorrow with another card to share with you.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment