CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some Bunny Is Coming!!

Woo hoo!!  We have made it to Wednesday.  When I was teaching elementary school I use to call it Wacky Wednesday.  It was the middle of the week and the kids were already looking forward to the weekend.  Well so was I.  It just seemed appropriate to act a little wacky and believe it or not, it was a good release of energy for them too.

None of that information has anything to do with our card for today.  I guess I am still wacky.  Anyway, my card for today is absolutely adorable if I do say so myself.  I but you know just from the title of this blog that this guy shows up every Easter.  Yes it is the Easter bunny or at least one of the ones I make.  Let's get started shall we.


Is he not one of the cutest bunnies you have ever seen?  But as always we need to begin at the beginning.  My base card for this one is Bashful Blue cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next came a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8",  The top layer is a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4" which I colored using my pastels to make a sky background.   To make the fence, I took a piece of Soft Suede card stock and stamped it with the Woodgrain stamp using Chocolate Chip ink.  I cut a strip measuring 3/4" x 4" for the rail across the card.  I used the jewel tag punch to make the posts of the fence.  I cut 2 for each post.  Place one near the bottom edge and the other just above it.  The rail will go over the 2 pieces where they meet so that area is covered up.  For the grass, I used the 2 step bird builder punch.  I punched the leaves of the branch only in Garden Green and layered them for my grass.  The greeting comes from a retired stamp set called Well Scripted.  It is stamped using Pacific Point ink and then punched out using the scallop oval punch.  I layered it on a wide oval of Pacific Point (use the wide oval punch).  


For my bunny, I used the following punches:  the retired small oval for the inner ear and feet; the large oval is for the outer ears; the ornament punch makes the bunny head; the small oval in the current catalog is used for the cheeks, arms, and egg; the owl builder punch makes the body (cut off ears and feet) and the black part of the eyes; the 2 step bird builder punch is used for the eyes (use the bird wing); the small circle from the itty bitty punch pack makes the nose; and finally, a 1/4" circle is used for the mouth.  The card stock used for the bunny is Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Very Vanilla.  I edged the chocolate pieces with Whisper White craft ink and edged the pink and vanilla of the bunny with Chocolate Chip ink.  The white eyes are edged with Tempting Turquoise ink.  You do not need to edge the egg oval unless you want to.


For the egg, I used a retired stamp set called The Good Egg to get the design stamp from.  It is stamped using StazOn ink.  I colored the flowers in using my Stampin' Up! markers.  Once it was all colored, I put a layer of Crystal Effects on it.  Once it drys, it gives your egg a nice shiny look.  I hope you can see it in this shot.  

I am not sure what my card for tomorrow will be but I will have something.  I hope you liked today's bunny.  Please note that I used my fine tip black marker and my white gel pen to add highlights to them.  

Please come back tomorrow.  I do so appreciate you stopping by.  I will see you Thursday!!  Thanks for dropping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment