CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Who Lives In A Pineapple Under the Sea?

For those of you who have children, I am sure you know the answer to that question.  Why it's SpongeBob SquarePants of course!  My girls use to watch this cartoon all the time and I must admit that my husband still watches it from time to time as do the girls.  My youngest can still sing songs from it and name all the characters.  I guess he made a real impression on our household. 

So this past Friday, we celebrated a birthday with a very special young man who turned 9.  His name is Cameron.  He really enjoys SpongeBob so when I ordered his cake, that is what I had put on it.  I also wanted to make him a special card with the character.  Bet you can guess what my card today will be like.  Let's take a look at my creation and see what you think.


I started him on a base card of Early Espresso card stock.  I then pulled all the other colors I would be using.  They consisted of:  Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Real Red, Whisper White, and Basic Black.  We will start with his face and then talk about the body.

I took my piece of Daffodil and used a special cutter I have to get the wavy lines around the edges.  You can use decorative scissors if you have them.  I just happen to have a cutter that has several different blades to use in it.  This is just one of them.  Once the edges were done, I took my 1/2" and 1/4" circle punch and punched holes in various places on the face.  I placed a piece of Mustard behind the Daffodil to highlight those hole.  His eyes were made using the 1 3/8", 1/2" and 1/4" circle punches.  For the eyelashes, I used the retired horizontal slot punch.  Scraps of Black would have worked too.  His nose is the wing from the 2-step bird punch.  I rounded the end of it.  I drew the smile onto his face and then took scrap White card stock and cut 2 teeth for him.  Now for the body.


I punched two  1 3/8" circles for the shoulders.  Simply flatten the bottoms to get the look you want.  For the main piece of the shirt and pants, I simply cut a piece of White and Suede just a touch smaller than his face and layered them.  The color of his shirt was done using the 1" square punch.  I cut it in half at a diagonal.  For the belt, I once again used the horizontal slot punch (retired) in Espresso.  His arms were made with the word window punch.  I punched one and cut it in half.  Last but not least, his tie.  Now you can use red grosgrain ribbon to make this but I chose to stick with card stock.  I used the word window punch for the main piece with the circle from the itty bitty punch pack serving as the knot.  Put all this together and you get a great looking character!  I attached the entire character to the base card once it was all assembled using a liquid glue. 
The party for Cameron was a lot of fun.  I think the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids did.  I am so glad I could share this with you today.  Thanks for dropping by and I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment