CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Egg Pick-up

It's is once again fabulous Friday.  This week has just flown by.  I was pretty busy with a few appointments, errands and taking care of ill family.  Still it just seemed to go by so fast.  Maybe that is just a side effect of getting older.  Who knows.  It is just nice when things seem to slow down and you feel you have more time to enjoy them.

For today's share, I decided to do one of my favorite things - work with glitter!!  I love that sparkle you see when something is all glittered and shiny!  In choosing my topic for my card I decided to go with an Easter theme today.  So let's get started.


As you can see, I chose to use lots of pastels on this card.  I personally always associate these colors with Easter so they were a natural selection for me.  I started with a base card of Bashful Blue card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I used my Sprinkles stamp set to stamp small flowers onto the outer edges of the Bashful Blue using VersaMark ink.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder onto the flowers and heat embossed them.   Next, I pulled out scrap pieces of Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White.  Using my big shot and the new Framelits Labels Collection from the Occasions Mini Catalog, I decided on the order of my colors and cut the labels to suit my needs.  I love these framelits.  They make decorating a lot of fun.  I wanted to add a little texture to each layer so I once again turned to the big shot for help.  The Pretty in Pink was run through the big shot using an impression folder called Plaid.  For the So Saffron, I ran it through using the impression folder called Houndstooth.  My Certainly Celery piece was also put through the big shot but instead of using an impression folder I used a texture plate called Harlequin.  These work very similarly to the impression folder.  For the Whisper White, I used my pastels to chalk a sky.  You cannot really see it in this picture but I promise it is there.  The layers were each sprayed using the Color Spritzer Tool and coordinating markers (again it is hard to see).  I adhered each layer to each other as well as to the base card using glue dots. 


When it came to the greeting, I used a stamp from the Loads of Love Accessories Stamp Set.  I stamped it using StazOn ink onto Whisper White and punched it out using the 1" square punch.  I then edged it using Perfect Plum ink.  Next I took a piece of scrap Perfect Plum card stock and punched it using the Postage Stamp punch.  I layered the two together and adhered it using dimensionals. 


For the center piece of the card, I used the Loads of Love stamp set for the truck and the Loads of Love Accessories stamp set for the eggs.  I stamped these on acetate using StazOn ink.  I first stamped the truck and then added the eggs using my stamp-a-ma-jig as a guide.  Next comes the glitter.  This is a stain glass truck so it was colored in the same manner as any other stain glass creation.  I started with my lighter glitter colors and worked towards the dark ones.  I added glue to the area I wanted a color in and then added the glitter.  Let it sit for a minute then you can add glue to the next area for your next color.  Continue this pattern until your image is completely glittered.  Let it dry completely.  I tend to leave mine to dry over night.  You do not want any part of it wet when you attach it.  I then used my small paper snips to cut the truck out.  You adhere it, glitter side down, using glue dots.  Just be patient.  I know it takes time to make these but the finished product is just gorgeous.  

I certainly hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I am looking forward to one with everyone well.  I will be back on Monday with another card to share with you.  Be sure to stop and see what I come up with.  See you on Monday and thanks for stopping by today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment