CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 30, 2012

ROAR!! - Did I Scare You?

More then likely, I could not scare a fly.  So I know my title for today's blog most certainly does not scare you.  I finally found time late yesterday to sit down and actually make a card.  It was difficult though.  The inspiration did not come for a while.  We received word that our nephew in California is doing well.  The tests show that they were able to get the entire tumor removed which is good news.  However, the pathology test showed that it was indeed cancer so chemo will be necessary.  He is a trooper though.  When he went into surgery, he took 3 stuffed lions with him.  He is the inspiration for my card today.  So let's get started.


This was the first lion I have made like this.  I saw a lion head done in a similar  way by a demonstrator named Cathy Dubreuil.   I changed it up just a little, added a body and now have my own lion.  The base card for this is done with Pacific Point card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  The top layer is a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I used the pastels (chalk) to created the sky.  Then I took a scrap of Wild Wasabi card stock and tore strips from it.  I adhered these to the white using runner adhesive.  Using a glue pen, I added dazzling diamond glitter to the edges of the paper.  The flowers were made with Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango card stock using one of the punches from the itty bitty punch pack.  I placed a pearl in the center to give it a little more design.  They are adhered to the card using a liquid glue.  My greeting came from the stamp set "Look Who's Turning".  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink directly onto the sky.


I chose to use So Saffron and Chocolate Chip for the main colors of my lion.  The tongue is Rose Red while the muzzle is Crumb Cake.  For the eyes I used Basic Black and Whisper White.  I started by punching a 2 3/8" scallop circle for the mane.  Next I used the owl builder punch and punched the head, the eyes, the nose and the tongue.  The hair on his forehead is from the large flower of the boho blossom punch.  The muzzle is the small heart while the feet come from the heart to heart punch.  For the tail, I used the branch from the bird builder punch.  His body is the only part not from a punch.  It was cut out using my big shot and the ovals die.  It is the medium sized oval from the die.  I added white gel pen to the eyes and nose to highlight them.  The whiskers, freckles and toes were added using a fine tip black marker.  And that is how you create a lion.  He is attached to the card using dimensionals. 


The inside greeting is a stamp I have had for years.  It is not from Stampin' Up! but I love to use it.  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White.  I punched the corners of the white with the ticket corner punch and then brushed the edges with the Pacific Point ink.  Next I took my markers and colored in the stars with Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight.  The circle were filled with Pacific Point.  It is attached to the card using runner adhesive.  

Well that's it for today.  I am certainly hoping all of you have a wonderful weekend and I am praying for a better week next week for my family.  I must admit I am exhausted!   Hopefully I can get a little rest this weekend.  So with that thought I thank you for stopping by today and I will return on Monday with another share.  Have a terrific weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment