CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Here Comes The Chef Again!

Happy Tuesday everyone.  I apologize that my blog did not get posted on time yesterday.  I hit a wrong  button thinking it published and it actually just saved as a draft.  So I got it straightened out as soon as I saw it.  It was just a typical Monday I guess.  I did get a new tire for my car, well actually 2.  We had replaced our back ones but not the front.  They were both due to be changed.  Now my little car is ready to go go go.

I could not help but sit down and make another chef.  I just love this little guy.  I decided to change the look of the front and use a color that I feel you could give to a boy or girl.  So let's get started shall we.


I went with a color scheme of Baja Breeze, Glimmer Red, and Cherry Cobbler.  My base card is Baja Breeze cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Basic Black on top of that.  It measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I like to use the black to highlight the top designer paper against the base card.  On this one I could have cut the designer paper smaller but I chose not to.  It is cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  This piece of designer paper came from the same paper stack as the one I used yesterday.  I chose this background first.  When I was looking for the base card color to put it on, I could not believe how much it is like the Baja Breeze.  Funny how that happens sometimes.  Each layer is adhered using runner adhesive.


Here is a closer picture of the chef and background.  One thing I should tell you is the cherries are not part of the designer paper.  I took a strip of Glimmer Red card stock and using the cupcake builder punch, I punched out several cherries.  Next I laid them out in a pattern and adhered them using a liquid glue.  

My little chef was made the same way as the one yesterday with the owl builder punch, the 1/2" circle, the circle from the itty bitty punch pack and the large oval.  The only difference is this chef has 2 trays instead of 1.  

For the cupcake, I started with my Create A Cupcake stamp set and stamped the bottom portion using VersaMark ink.  I then took my Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and heat embossed them.  They were punched out using the cupcake builder punch.  Next the tops were punched out using the same punch and Shimmer White card stock.  I used the Glimmer Red once again and punched out the cherries and sprinkles used on each cupcake.  I glued the cupcake together including its topping with liquid glue.  Once the cupcakes were together, I glued them to the trays which were glued to the chef using liquid glue.  I put dimensionals all over the back of him and attached him to the card.  


 For the inside, I pulled out my A Word For You stamp set and chose the birthday greeting.  I thought it went nicely with the card because it referenced the cherry.  I stamped the greeting using Baja Breeze ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I punched it out using the decorative label punch and brushed the edges with Baja Breeze ink.  I adhered it to the card using runner adhesive.  I added a couple of Glimmer Red cherries for added detail with liquid glue.  I thought they carried my theme to the inside nicely.  

Well I did 5 loads of laundry yesterday so today must be cleaning for me.  Oh boy!  I am sooooo excited! (NOT)  I hope you give this chef a try.  He is really easy and so cute.  I will be back with another share tomorrow.  I sure hope you come by to see me again.  Thanks for stopping by today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment