CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, April 20, 2012

New Arrival

The other day, I received a request from my niece to create invitations for her baby shower.  This will be her first baby and I am so excited for her.  My routine when I make invitations is to make a few samples and allow whoever requested them to choose from.  I worked on a couple of samples the other day and she absolutely loved one of them.  So while I will not share that invitation with you until after they have been sent out, I will share the other sample I made for her.  This was the first one I made. 


I made the card a color scheme that is fairly neutral.  Although we know if it will be a boy or a girl, I want to keep that a secret for now.  I started with a base card of Real Red measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I took a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4" and chalked a sky background using my pastels.  It seemed like a perfect setting for Mr. Stork to be in.  I chose the saying from a retired stamp set called Occasional Quotes.  The inside of the card will contain all the information for the shower so no saying is needed for it.  I stamped this on Whisper White using Real Red ink.  I then punched it out using the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I then punched a 2 3/8" scallop circle out of Real Red.   I layered the greeting on top of this with runner adhesive and attached it to the card with the same adhesive.  I added a pearl on every other scallop.  


Here is a close up of the stock himself.  I made him using the New Arrival Cricut Cartridge.  I cut him out in Tangerine Tango first.  I then cut the layer for his head and body and hat out of Whisper White and again out of Basic Black.   This allowed me to layer all the pieces I had together and get the completed stork.  I added glitter to the band of the hat just to make it sparkle.  I traced the eye with a fine tip black marker.


Again I used the same cartridge and my Cricut to make the baby.  I cut him out of Blushing Bride.  While the Cricut does cut little dots to indicate the nose and eyes, I wanted them a little more pronounced.  So out came my owl builder punch.  I punched the nose using the smallest circle out of Blushing Bride and the eyes using the same circles out of Pacific Point.  I traced the mouth with black ink and added a little white gel pen to the eyes.  I then cut the delivery pouch out of a red and white gingham paper.  When you cut the baby, it also cuts this pouch.  So once I had the gingham one,  I simply layered it on top of the baby, added a pearl at the knot and attached it to the beak of the stork.  

I used a liquid glue to attach all the pieces of the stork and baby together.  I also used the same glue to attach these to the card.  Overall, I like the look of the card very much.

Well that's it for today.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  I will be back on Monday.  I hope you will too.  Until then thanks for dropping by today!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment