CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Owl Punch In Action Again!

Happy Friday everyone!  As promised I am finishing out this week using my owl punch.  I must tell you though that I still have more ideas for it so it may be back next week.  Today card is a combination of different materials and techniques.  I have used the punch art and pastel technique before but the new material on this comes from scrapbook packs and stickers.  I have been doing cards and some scrapbooks for a long time.  I have quite the collection of stickers and scrapbook packs in my home.  For the card I am going to share today, I turned to some of these for help.  How about I show you the card and you can see how I incorporated these into it. 


Today we find mod girl doing the job of a teacher.  The base card is once again Real Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black on top of that using runner adhesive.  It measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".   Next came the Whisper White layer cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I used my handy pastels to created the sky scene on it and adhered it using runner adhesive to the card.  I wanted to have a little grass so I took a scrap of Garden Green measuring 4" wide and tore a strip.  Again the runner adhesive was used to attach it.  

When you go to your local craft store, you can find themed pack of paper and cutout that can be used in a scrapbook.  That is where I found my school house.  Since I use to be a teacher, I have a couple of scrapbooks I made using that theme.  This piece was a left over.  As all good crafters know, you always keep your left overs.  It is a textured piece that give a nice look to the card.  It has no adhesive of its own so I used the same runner adhesive to attach it down.  I made sure to tuck it under the edge of the grass giving the appearance that the grass grew in front of it.  


Here you get a better look at the teacher herself.  As you can see, she is a product of the owl punch.  I am not going to bore you with the detail of making her since they are listed in previous postings.  The texture I created on her dress and headband were completely an accident.  I had put cute little glitter glue dots on both and set her aside to dry.  Well apparently I did not sit her far enough away from me.  I went to pick up my tweezers and brushed against the dots of the headband.  I knew I could not just redo the dots so I took my finger and spread out all the dots.  I kind of liked the look so I thought why not do that to her dress too.  So I did.  I am not sure if I like the dress as much as the headband.  Next time maybe I will leave the dots.  She is attached to the card using dimensionals.

The only 2 accessories she has are the glasses and her bell.  The bell was part of a sticker pack that was 3 dimensional.  I placed it under her hand and actually glued it into place on the hand.  The main part of the bell has a dimensional on it making it easy to attach.   For her glasses, I decided to once again use my Everyday Paper Doll cartridge and my Cricut machine.  It is a lot easier making it this way than trying to do it on my own.  

I left this card blank on the inside.  You could stamp a phrase if you want or write a note.  This is perfect for a teacher at the beginning of the year or the end of the year.  It is also perfect for a new teacher who is graduating and entering the education work force.  

I certainly hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.  I will probably be playing with my owl punch some more.  If you don't have one of these think about getting one.  You can visit my Stampin' Up! demonstrator site by clicking on the link in the side bar on the right under "Other Places to Find Me".  The punch can be ordered there.  I am so glad you decided to drop by today.  I will see you all on Monday.  Happy stamping!




No comments:

Post a Comment