CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Same Man Different Job

I have really been on a punch art kick this week and my owl punch has become my best friend.  I made those cute little chefs using it and loved the result.  So when I was in the shower, it came to me -  why not use the same basic pattern for a man but give him a different profession.  Of course a few things would need to be tweaked but overall I felt pretty confident I could pull this off.  All I needed to do was choose the profession.  Well that was easy for me.  I chose to do my favorite husband's job - a fireman.  So are you ready to see the result?  Here we go. 


I had a lot of fun making this card.  I started with a base card of Pacific Point card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Using my beautiful pastels, I chalked a sky background onto a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  A torn strip of Wild Wasabi card stock serves as the grass area.  I adhered it to the white with runner adhesive and then adhered the white to the pacific using runner adhesive again.  Now let's move on to the really fun stuff!!


To make the fireman, you use the owl punch most of the time.  The owl vest makes the face, the jacket, the sleeves, the pants, and the back of the helmet.  The heart of the owl makes the hands.  I trimmed one side to make the thumb of each hand.  For the feet, I used the smallest heart on the heart to heart punch.  The small oval made the top of the hat while the word window is the brim.  I free hand drew the shield on the helmet and cut it out.  The nose is the circle from the owl and the mustache is a 1/2" circle punched around the itty bitty circle punch hole.  The hair is the owl's feet.  I chose to make the fireman suit out of So Saffron.  I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Blushing Bride as the other colors.  I attached him to the card using dimensionals.

Since you can see the hose I may as well go ahead and explain it.  I used Soft Suede as the main hose color.  I punched a 1 3/8" circle out and then punched a 1 3/4" circle around it.  I ended up using 2 1/2 circles to complete my hose.  I bent the paper to make the folds in it.  For the nozzle, I used a piece of brushed gold for one end and then added a strip of brushed silver for the rest of the nozzle with a horizontal slot piece for the end. (The horizontal slot punch is retired.  A small strip would work too.)  For the water coming out, I punched a modern label out of Pacific Point card stock.  I cut one end off and trimmed it down to be the size I wanted and to have the taper look I wanted.  I turned to my blossom bouquet triple layer punch and punched a few flowers out of the pacific card stock so I could use the inner petal pieces as the spray of water.  The hose and spray were attached using a liquid glue.   


Here you can really see the spray.  I had a lot of fun making this one! The fireman had to have a reason to be there so I made him a little fire.  I punched petals out from the blossom petal builder punch.  I used Daffodil Delight card stock for this and dabbed some Tangerine Tango ink onto each petal with my sponge dauber.  The logs for my fire are just small strips of Chocolate Chip card stock.  For the puffs of smoke, I used the small scallop flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack and Basic Gray card stock.  

This is a card I would use to send to a boy for a special day.  I did not use glitter on this one.  I did not feel the card needed it.  I know can you believe I said that?  Knowing how my husband feels about glitter it just seemed like the right choice.  

I really love to work with my punches.  I cannot wait to see what I can make next.  I am so glad you decided to stop by today.  I hope you enjoyed my little fireman.  Please come back by tomorrow.  I promise to come up with another share.  Thanks for looking today and I will see you tomorrow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment