CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Still Dancing

Last week I seemed stuck on my owl punch and the many creations you can make with it.  Now I pretty much planned to do that but I promise I do not have a theme planned for this week.  Of course you might not believe me in a minute.  If you remember yesterday's card, you will recall I chose 2 of my favorite things to use on the card - the owl punch and a dance theme.  I promise no owl punch today!  However, on today's card, my character is doing a little dance.  I guess he is just really happy to be seen by all of you.  It also has another aspect to the theme that I am fond of -- dogs.  So let's get started shall we.



IT'S SNOOPY!!!  Once again I must give props to Ellen Kemper as she is the one who showed me how to make him.  I started with a base card of Night of Navy cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Since Snoopy was doing a little dance, I wanted to incorporate that into the card.  To dance, you really should have some music.  If you are like me you have danced around your home without it but it is usually done with music.  I cut a piece of Whisper White to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I then stamped my greeting onto it using Real Red ink.  The greeting came from the stamp set called Perfectly Penned.  I ran it through my big shot using the music note impression folder.  I adhered it to the base card using runner adhesive.  I did add Night of Navy dots to it using my Night of Navy Stampin' Up! marker. 


I started my Snoopy section by taking a piece of Real Red card stock measuring 2 1/2" x 2 3/4".  I used one of the frames from the designer frames impression set and ran this piece through the big shot.  Doodle dots were added to the corners of this and to the outside of the frame.  I adhered it to the card using runner adhesive.  

Now we get to Snoopy.   His colors are Whisper White and Basic Black.   I will tell you up front 3 of the punches that were used in the creation of him are retired.   The head and body are the butterfly punch with one section trimmed on the bottom portion of the butterfly.  His ears are made by punching our a small heart using the punch by the same name.  Once you punch it out, set that heart aside for use on a different card.  Offset the punch with the hole and punch again.  I punched another heart, set it aside and repeated the offset punch for the other ear.  His little happy feet are made using the 3/4" circle punch.  Punch a circle for each foot.  You will need to reinsert each circle into the punch and punch it again to get the shape.  To do this, I have found it is easiest if you use a post-it note.  Stick the circle to the sticky part and you will have the other end to of the note to hold when reinserting the circle.  The nose is 1/4" circle with one side flattened.  I drew his eyes and mouth on him.  Now for the retired punched.  His arms were made with the my way punch which was arrows.  For this you could substitute just a strip of card stock.  His hands are from the flower trio punch.  I used 2 flowers and trimmed them to be 3 "fingers" on each hand.  A great substitute punch for this feature is the boho blossom punch.  Finally, the last retired punch used is the horizontal slot punch for his collar.  Again, a strip of card stock would work just as well. 


Here is the saying I used on the inside of the card.  I picked this stamp up at a convention years ago.  It is stamped using Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I layered this onto a piece of Real Red card stock.  Since the letters of this saying are open, I decided to punch Night of Navy doodle dots inside each one, just like the dots on the front.  It was truly the perfect saying for this card.

One really nice thing about this card is it can be given to a male.  No glitter but a really nice color scheme and design.  Guys are not always glitter fans so I try to leave it off their cards.  Remember, I said try.  Sometimes the need for glitter overtakes me and I have to use it.  

Well that is all for today.  I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday.  By the way, the retired stamp list is out on the SU! site.  Be sure to look it over and get any that you want before they disappear forever.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you tomorrow.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment