CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Long, Tiring Day

Hello once again everyone.  I certainly hope your day was more fun than mine.  Today was house cleaning day.  Is there anyone out there who dreads this day as much as I do?  I try my best to start as early as possible but sometimes I think the work will never end.  Today was one of those days.  Every time I thought I had finished, I would think of something else I needed to do.  Let's just say, it took a long time for me to finish!  To add to my "fun", I did the laundry too!  Bet you're jealous now, NOT! 

Today's card is a pretty simple one.  I decided after a long day of cleaning I wanted to work with a few of my favorite things.  This card encompasses a few of them.  So let me show you what I did. 


Now I only took one picture of this one.  I was just too tired to do anymore.  This stamp set is a retired on called Easter Blossoms.  However, my purpose for this card would be for Mother's Day.  I started with a base card of Pink Pirouette.  I used one of the stamps from the set to stamp the background with Pretty In Pink ink.  I took a piece of Whisper White and ran it through my big shot using the lattice die.  This served as the backdrop and was attached using a liquid glue.  I then cut a 3" circle with the die and big shot out of Pretty in Pink card stock.   The top circle measures 2 1/2" and was punched out of Whisper White.  I stamped the little girl silhouette using Melon Mambo ink.  All the circles were attached using runner adhesive.  

The greeting comes from the same stamp set and is stamped in Melon Mambo ink onto Pink Pirouette card stock.  It was punched out using the large oval punch.  I then punched a scallop oval out of Whisper White, layered the pink on top with runner adhesive and attached the entire greeting with runner adhesive.

To add a little detail to the card, I started by adding some white gel pen dots to the center of the flowers on the base card.  I also added a rhinestone to the little girls hair ribbon and as the dot above the letter "i" in the greeting.  

Well, I think I am going to go put my feet up and rest for awhile.  I always get over heated when I clean and that causes me to have a headache.  I think a nap might be in order too.  

I will be back tomorrow with another share and hopefully more than one photo of it.  I do hope you will come back to see what I make.  Thanks for dropping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment