CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Watch Out For That First Step

Just over a month ago, my dear husband was injured at work while fighting a house fire.  He hurt his right ankle pretty badly and was off work for a month.  If you know my husband, then you know that was pure torture for him.  Although he enjoyed getting to sleep in a little and play video games as he was icing his ankle, he really missed his crew and doing the job he loves.  So when he was released back to work on the 25th, he was so excited. 

I make all the thank you and sympathy cards for the charity run be the fire department.  Recently, my husband was elected president of the charity committee.  So when he was hurt, I received a phone call asking me to make a get well card for my husband.  This was to be kept a secret from him.  I mailed the finished card to one of the other fire fighter wives and it was suppose to get to a charities member and then to my husband.  Well I finished the card, mailed it off and never heard of it again.  I don't know where it is or what happened to it but I am so sad that my hubby never got it.  Well I did not want to post it on my blog just in case he saw it but I am really tired of waiting for it to show up.  After all he has been back to work for a week or two now.  So I decided to show it to you today.  I am really proud of this one.  I customized it especially for him.  I do hope you like it.  Here we go:


Isn't he cute?  If you can't tell, he is falling off the ladder.  I will as always start from the beginning of this one.  Although you cannot see it, the base card is Garden Green, measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".   I took a piece of Basic Black card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and layered it on top using runner adhesive.   Next I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler and cut it at 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Using my scoring tool, I scored lines on it to make it look like bricks.  I used Early Espresso ink and a sponge to add the dark smudges to the bricks.  I grabbed a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock and using my blossom petals builder punch I punched out petals to use for the flames.  I took my sponge and my Tangerine Tango ink and sponged a little on each flame.  I arranged the flames across the top of the card and adhered them down using liquid glue.  I trimmed off any part of the flames that hung over the edge of the card.  I then attached the brick wall using runner adhesive.


For the ladder, I used Brushed Silver card stock.  I cut 2 strips 1/4" thick each.  I angled the tops to give it a ladder look.  Next, I punched out several word windows from the silver.  These became the rungs of the ladder.  I glued the rungs to the side pieces using liquid glue and glued the entire ladder to the card with the same glue.  Don't worry if the ladder is a little long.  Just trim it down.   


The little fireman himself is made using the owl punch.  I posted another fireman on April 11, 2012.  You can visit that post to learn more about how to make him.  I customized this guy to be like my husband.  He has red hair and a red mustache as well as blue eyes.  Since my hubby is a captain, he had to have the red helmet.  On the shield, you can see the L142.  That stands for ladder #142 which is my husbands company.  Gosh I really hope they get this card to him soon.  I want to see what he thinks about it!!


For the greeting, I used my Stampin' Up! catalog for inspiration.  There is a stamp set called Smarty Pants (it is retiring) and this quote by Ward Cleaver, you know Beaver's dad,  is in the set.  Now I wanted a specific color and design to the lettering, so I did not want to use an actual stamp.   So I typed this on my computer and added the effect to it that I wanted.  I printed it out on Whisper White card stock and cut the words apart.  I layered these on black strips cut slightly larger using runner adhesive and attached to words to the card front using the same runner adhesive.  I just thought this greeting was perfect for the card.  

So what do you think?  I hope you like it.  It is one of my favorite cards I have ever made.  I am so glad I got to share it with you.  Now if it would just make its way to my hubby, I would be happy.

Thanks for stopping by today to take a look.  I will be back tomorrow and hope you will too.  I will see you all then!!





No comments:

Post a Comment