CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Tuesday

Hello everyone!!  I am so glad to be up and running again with my computer.  I missed being able to share a card with you yesterday.  As promised I am going to share the birthday card I made for our youngest daughter.  It is so hard for me to believe she is 20 years old.  Where does the time go?  She had a terrific weekend full of celebrating.  She was fortunate enough to spend time with her family and boyfriend and she loved all her gifts.

Making cards is always a challenge when it comes to my girls.  I always have lots of ideas but do not want to repeat one I have already made.  For the most part, I simply try to use new colors and new stamps and it always seems to work.  Anyway, let me show you her card for this year.


Every little girl always seems to have a favorite Disney princess and my daughters are no exception.  For my youngest it is Sleeping Beauty.  I started with a base card cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I chose to use Raspberry Ripple for this because it seemed to match her dress beautifully.  Next, I took a piece of Basic Black and cut it to measure 4" x 5 3/8".  I used the retired eyelet border punch and punched along the edge to make the border.  Once it was completed, I ran it through the big shot using the new Fancy Fan impression folder.  Unfortunately, you cannot really see it in this photo.  I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.  I lined it up at the top of the base card to place it.  I then took a piece of Whisper White and cut it at 4" x 4 1/2".  I used my pastels to chalk the sky background.  Then I took a piece of Gumball Green card stock, tore a couple of strips off and adhered them to the white with runner adhesive.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to the edges of it.  


For the scene on the front of the card, I used a sticker set I picked up at a local craft store.  I used the 2 rose stickers and the Princess for the front and have 2 other sticker inside the card.  I think it is so cute that they included rose stickers since the fairies named her Rose. There is no shame in using a set like this to create a card.  They are usually nicely put together and add personality to whatever you are making.


Another of my daughter's favorite things are pearls.  She loves pearl necklaces.  So it seemed natural to me to add little pearls to the eyelet border.  You can sort of see the impression from the Fancy Fan impression folder on the black in this photo.  For the greeting, I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped the greeting using Raspberry Ripple ink onto Whisper White.  I punched it out using the word window punch.  I then punched a modern label out of Basic Black.  I edged the white with the same ink and attached it to the modern label using runner adhesive.  I added a pearl to each end and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  


For the inside, I used a piece of Whisper White cut at 3 1/2" x 4 ".  I edged it using Raspberry Ripple ink.  Next I used the Word Play stamp set and stamped the "wish BIG" using the same ink.  I took my Basic Black ink pad and stamped the image of Sleeping Beauty onto the white.  The heart and flower are the 2 other stickers from the sticker set.  I added a rhinestone to 2 of the corners of the piece and a larger one to the "i" in wish.  Once I had given the black ink time to set, I used my colored pencils to color in Sleeping Beauty.  This stamp is from a set I picked up at a local craft store.  The set has some of the other princesses as well so I know I will use it a lot!!  

I will tell you our daughter loved her card.  She has an area in her room where she had Sleeping Beauty items she has collected over the years.  She added her card to her collection.  I am so pleased she likes it.

Well that's it for today.  Hopefully all the computer issues are over.  I am planning on being back tomorrow to share another card with you.  I hope you will all return to see what I come up with.  Until then, thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!!



No comments:

Post a Comment