CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Love Lucy (And It's Not the Red-Head This Time)

Okay now you are probably thinking I am talking about the television show.  While I am a huge fan of it and actually own the complete series and some of the Lucy dolls, this reference has nothing to do with that.  If you have been visiting for the past few days, you have seen me post different characters from the Peanuts cartoons.  My nickname growing up and even today is Lucy (mainly to my dad) so I have a fondness for the Lucy character in the Peanuts gang.  I never seemed to thing she was that bossy like everyone else seemed to think.  I thought she had a lot of spunk.  I could not have let this week go by without including her in this weeks cards.  So it is now time for you to see her card.


Isn't she cute?  I wanted to use bright colors for her so I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Tempting Turquoise cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I chose a piece of Whisper White Measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  Using my scallop flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack, I punched out flowers in Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo.  I scattered them on the piece of white and adhered them down using a liquid glue.  I then ran it through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder.  I attached a piece of 1/4" Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon to the lower part and tied a knot in the front.  All the layers were adhered together using a runner adhesive.  I even put a little runner adhesive onto the ribbon to make it stick.  


Now to the star herself (or should I call her the doctor?).  The colors of card stock I chose to use for her are Basic Black, Whisper White, Pacific Point and Blushing Bride (retired).   For the head, I used the owl builder punch cutting the feet and ears off the owl.  Her ears are a word window punch cut down to fit behind the head.  The bottom part of the hair is made using two small ovals (retired punch).  The bangs are also a retired small oval that I trimmed to get the wavy look.  Her neck, arms, and legs are all word windows.  For her body, I again used the owl builder punch (minus ears and feet).  I punched out a word window and cut off both ends to make her sleeves.  For the collar, I punched and edge of paper using the scallop oval punch and cut the piece down to the size I wanted.  The skirt is a large oval.  Her hands come from the boho blossom punch.  To make the socks, I punched a word window, cut off the ends, and then gave them a little wave.  Her shoes are made using the current small oval punch.  I punched 2 white and 2 black and trimmed them to how I wanted them to look.  They are layered together so her shoes are 2-toned.  All of the pieces are adhered together using a liquid glue.  The finished character is attached to the card using dimensionals.  


For my greeting, I used my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped it with Tempting Turquoise ink onto white card stock.  I punched it out using the retired small oval punch.  I then layered this onto a large oval which was then layered onto a scallop oval.  All ovals were attached using a runner adhesive and the finished product was attached using dimensionals.

I can say without a doubt this is the last Peanut character for the week.  Tomorrow I will share another card I made for a birthday.  I promise it is cute!!  I hope you stop by to see it.  Thanks for dropping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment