CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Little Sister

It's Terrific Tuesday!!  What's so terrific about it you ask?  Well I have no idea but it is better to be positive than negative.

Yesterday I shared one of the Peanut's characters with you.  It was one I had seen made before but I changed a few of the punched used and made it my own.  Today I want to share another one with you.  I did a search on the internet for images of the characters in order to have a guide to use to help me with them.  This is the first one I made using that guide.  I have never seen her made before so if you have made her don't get all upset for not getting credit.  I really did this based on an image from the internet, not a punch art sample.  Ready?  Let's start!


Do you recognize her?  It's Charlie Brown's little sister, Sally!  But what do I always say?  Let's start at the beginning and work our way up.  

The base card is Melon Mambo cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Elegant Eggplant measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  It is attached using runner adhesive.  For my final layer, I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I took out scrap pieces of Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant and Daffodil Delight.  I punched out 1/2" , 3/4"  and 1" circles from these scraps and scattered them onto the white.  I attached them to it with a little runner adhesive and ran it through my big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder.  I attached this to the card using runner adhesive.  Rhinestones were added to the background after the greeting and Sally had been placed.


For the greeting on this one, I chose to use my Curly Cute stamp set.  The greeting is stamped using Melon Mambo ink and cut out by hand.  Once cut, I sponged the edges of the greeting with Elegant Eggplant ink and adhered it to a scrap of Elegant Eggplant card stock.  I trimmed it out by hand being sure to leave an edge around the white.  I attached it to the top of the card using dimensionals.  


Now for the star of our card, Sally.  Here is the recipe I used for her:

Card stock used is Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Blushing Bride (retired)

Head - 1 3/8" circle
Ears, Arms, Legs, Socks, and Sleeves - word window punch trimmed as need for each
Hair - owl builder punch with the feet cut off and the small oval punch
Body - owl builder punch with the feet cut off
Skirt - large oval 
Hands - boho blossom
Shoes - small ovals trimmed to look like shoes

All punches used are current punches so you can get them to make your own Sally.  All pieces were adhered together using a liquid glue.  I then added black marker to the shoes, dress and hair as well as to the face.  I added some Dazzling Details glitter glue to the dress and Crystal Effects to the shoes.  I then took a yellow glitter glue I happen to have and added some to her hair.  She is attached to the card using dimensionals.


This is the inside saying.  I added it to the card yesterday too but did not take a photo of it.  It is a stamp I was given a few years ago.  It is not from Stampin' Up! but I like to use it quite a bit.  It is stamped using Melon Mambo ink and the edges sponged with Melon Mambo ink.  It is attached to the card using runner adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed my Sally.  Now I am not sure what I will do for tomorrow so you will just have to stop by to see what I come up with.  Thanks for dropping by today and keep crafting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment