CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A New Little Dog

Have you placed an order from the new catalog yet?  If not, what are you waiting for?!!  I placed mine last Friday when the catalog went live.  It shipped on Monday so I am hoping to see it arrive by the end of Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.  Then I will have all kinds of new items to play with and share with you.

My husband has an aunt who lives about 5 minutes away from us.  Now you would think we would see her a lot but unfortunately with all of our crazy lives, we do not see each other nearly enough.  When I do get to go over to visit her, I also get to spend time with her 4 adorable dogs.  They are all Shitzu's.  They are too cute for words and each has its own unique personality.  So the other day when I saw this card on a demonstrator site, I just had to make it.  I believe the original was created by Ashley Sokal.  Between the photo of the card and my aunt's dogs, I was too inspired not to do it.  Ready?  Here we go!!


Isn't she just too cute?!   I wanted to incorporate some of the new colors on this card so that you would get something from the new catalog to look at.  The base card is Raspberry Ripple cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I adhered it to the base card using runner adhesive.    I bet without even telling you what I did for the top layer you already know.  You're right.  I took a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and chalked my own background using my pastels.  I know I do this technique a lot but I just love the effect on the card and the calmness of working with the chalks.  I think I really learned to do this when my brother was very ill and I was caring for him.  I use to work on cards at his home and he would watch me.  It gave us both something to do and think about other than his illness.  Now back to the card.  Once the sky was complete, I took a few strips of Gumball Green, tore the tops of them and layered them onto the white for grass.  Once they were attached using runner adhesive, I added some Dazzling Diamond glitter to the edges for sparkle.  I happen to have a few butterflies left over from another card and added them using glue dots.  The entire piece was then attached to the base using runner adhesive.  Once the card was completed inside and out, I added some Stickles Glitter Glue to each butterfly for more sparkle.  By the way the butterflies were originally cut out using the embosslit Beautiful Wings and the big shot.  


For the greeting, I turned to my handy stamp set called Curly Cute.  It is one of my favorite sets.  I stamped the greeting directly onto the card using Raspberry Ripple ink.  Now let's get to the star of the card.


My aunt has 3 females and 1 male Shitzu.  This little girl doggy reminds me mostly of 2 of the females:  Roxy and Chanel.  They are both light in color with some browns mixed in.  Roxy is the oldest.  She is just so sweet.  The other dogs do run her over sometimes, but I always make sure she get her turn for lots of attention.  Chanel on the other hand is the smallest of the dogs.  She thinks she is a princess and you should always be at her beckon call.  She loves to be held and to have her tummy rubbed so I have to be sure to give her lots of time for both.  

To make this dog, I started by choosing the colors of Whisper White, Soft Suede and Basic Black.  Her face was made using a 1 3/8" circle punch for the head.  I trimmed it down just a little to give it a slight oval shape.  The muzzle is the small oval.  The eyes are the large circles from the owl builder punch and the nose is the heart of the owl builder.  For her ears, I punched a full heart, cut it in half and reshaped the ends to round them.  I added a little Very Vanilla ink to the inner ears.  White gel was added to the eyes and nose and the mouth was drawn on with a fine tip black marker.  The body is a wide oval.  For the hind leg, I used another small oval and made the feet from the modern label punch.  The tail is a 1 3/8" circle punched around the hole from a 1 1/4" circle.  All pieces except the black were edged using Soft Suede ink.  I used the matching marker to draw the front leg onto the body.   I wanted her to have a bow so I punched 2 of the small hearts from the retired heart to heart punch out and used a 1/4" circle for the center of the bow.  All parts of the dog and bow were put together using a liquid glue.  Once complete, I attached the dog to the card using dimensionals.  The last thing I did after she was attached was add some crystal effects to the bow.  


The inside of the card is fairly simple.  I stamped the saying using Raspberry Ripple ink onto Whisper White.  The saying is from the stamp set Create A Cupcake.  I punched it out using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and brushed the edges with a sponge and Raspberry Ripple ink.  It is attached using runner adhesive.  

I have noticed that a lot of my cards have the same overall pattern to them.  I guess I like the look of it.  Have no fear though for I will have new items to play with soon and will hopefully come up with some new patterns too.  Also believe it or not it is almost holiday card making time!!  Yes for all of you who make Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards it is just about time to get started on them.  I know I will have some to share with you soon.

I am so glad you took time to drop in today.  I hope you return tomorrow to see if I come up with a new idea.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Until tomorrow, happy stamping!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment