CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another Phineas and Ferb Character

Happy Tuesday to you all!!  I am happy to report my internet is working very well and I actually have a card to show you today.  It is really hard to be upset about the internet going in and out when it rains because we do not get a lot of rain here and it is a very welcomed thing as far as I am concerned.  I was just sad I could not get my photos uploaded so I could share with you yesterday.  But today is a new day and I my photos uploaded just like they should.  I am ready to get started so let's go.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a card featuring Phineas from the Disney cartoon Phineas and Ferb.  I have been wanting to work on some of the other characters but had not taken time to do so.  Well I rectified that this weekend.  I took out my stickers of the characters and one jumped right out at me as if to say "pick me pick me".  So I did.  Anyway, let me show you the card and introduce the character.


This is Isabella.  She has a huge crush on Phineas and yet he never seems to understand that.  Oh well, we are here to talk about the card aren't we?  I started with a base card of Melon Mambo cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I only added one layer to the front of this card.  It is a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5".  I took scrap pieces of Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, and Gumball Green and punched out 1", 3/4" and 1/2" circles.  I added them to the piece of Whisper White using a runner adhesive.  I then punched out music notes in the same colors and added them using a liquid glue.  Once all pieces were secured onto the white, I ran it through my big shot using my Spots & Dots impression folder.  I then attached the finished piece to the base card using runner adhesive.  The pattern on it reminded me of those psychedelic colors associated with the 60's.  On one of the episode of Phineas and Ferb, these colors are used and Isabella gets frizzy hair.  It is one of my favorite episodes and when I was thinking of her and what to make as her base card, this idea came to mind first.  


The greeting is from the stamp set Curly Cute and is stamped using Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I cut it out by hand and layered it onto a scrap piece of Basic Black.  I cut it out free hand once more making sure I left the black border showing.  I added a couple of music notes with liquid glue and added the finished greeting to the card with dimensionals.  


Now onto the star!!  Isabella is one of my own creations.  I have not seen her made as punch art before but she was actually fairly simple to make.  I used retired Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Rose Red and Whisper White as my card stock colors.  Let me list the punches I used:

Hair - wide oval punch cut flat on one end
Bangs - 1/2" circle cut in half
Bow - 1/4" circle punch and prongs off of a star punch in the Merry Minis punch pack that will be available in the Holiday Catalog beginning August 1st.
Face - 1" circle cut flat on one side
Eyes - itty bitty punch pack circle trimmed down for the white and the tear drop throw aways from the retired blossom bouquet triple layer punch for the black
Neck - 1/2" of a word window punch; I punched it along the edge of the card stock
Shirt - 1/2" circle cut flat on one side and a word window punched along the edge of the card stock and cut in 1/2 for the sleeves
Jumper - retired horizontal slot for the straps and a large oval trimmed for the dress
Belt - scrap of Rose Red card stock and the itty bitty punch pack circle for the buckle
Arms and Legs - word windows punched along the edge of the card stock
Socks - word window punched along the edge of the card stock and trimmed for length I wanted
Shoes - little labels punch pack - I used the one that looks like the decorative label; I trimmed them for look

I drew her nose and mouth on with a fine tip black marker and added white gel to the eyes and shoes.  All pieces were assembled together using a liquid glue and the finished Isabella was attached to the card using dimensionals.  She is just too cute!

I want to thank you for your understanding yesterday and for stopping by to see what I came up with today. I hope you enjoyed the card.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I come up with next.  Until the, be creative and let your imagination run wild.  See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment