CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Deep Sea Diver?

My husband and I both love the ocean.  Now we have different reasons but trips to either the Atlantic or Pacific are always welcomed.  I am not an overly adventurous person and swimming in the ocean is not that important to me.  I love to watch and listen to the waves as they come in and just relax.  My husband enjoys taking a swim in the ocean and thinks observing the sea life up close is fun too.  I guess you could say his love of the sea inspired the card I made today.  Well kind of.  I happen to think of the theme on my own but realized he would love to be diving just like the character on my card.  Are you ready to see it?  Let's get started.


I started this card with a base of Pacific Point card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black to this using runner adhesive.  I cut it to measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Last, I added a layer of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  Before attaching it to the card, I used my pastels to chalk in an ocean background.  I think I needed to make it darker but I will try that next time.  I also added some sand at the bottom for the ocean floor.  Once the chalk was finished, I attached it with the runner adhesive to the rest of the card.


Here is my deep see diving dog.  Okay so he is really snorkeling but he went a little too far under the water.  The colors I chose for him were Whisper White, Black Basic and Pacific Point.  Here is a list of punches I used to make him:

Head/Body - owl builder punch; I used the body of the owl for both with the ears and feet cut off
Ears/Neck/Legs - word window trimmed to how I wanted it to look
Arms - little labels punch pack; use the one that looks similar to the decorative label punch and trim
Flippers - large oval; I used the 1/2" circle punch to make the tops of the flippers
Snorkel - word window trimmed to look as I wanted and the 3/4" circle punch punched offset from a 3/4" circle hole;  you can use the large oval for this and offset it from a large oval hole.  It would be easier than what I did.
Mask - curly label punch; use less than half of it and I used a standard hole punch to punch out the window
Nose - circle from the itty bitty punch pack trimmed to size

I used a fine tip black marker to draw the lines on the snorkel and flippers as well as to make the spots, eyes and mouth on the doggy.  All pieces of the dog were assembled using a liquid glue and the completed pup was attached using dimensionals.

The bubbles are circles made with the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  I attached them to the card using liquid glue.  I then added Crystal Effects to them to make then puffy and glossy.


The inspiration for my crab comes from a retired stamp set called Crab & Company.  I love this set and still own it.  At first I was going to stamp the crab, color him and cut him out.  But then I thought maybe I should make him using punches so I did.  The colors of card stock used for this guy are Real Red, Whisper White and Basic Black.  Here are the punches I used:

Legs/Arms - retired bat punch; I offset the punch from a bat hole and punched several out
Body - large oval
Claws - small ovals cut to shape you like
Eyes - owl builder punch medium circles for the white and 1/4" circles for the black; I used scraps of red to raise them up

Add some white gel pen to the eyes and a big smile with your black marker and there you have a perfect crab.  All of his pieces were assembled using liquid glue.  He is attached to the card using the same liquid glue.  

This was a really fun card to make.  I thoroughly enjoyed the time it took me to do this one.  I hope you enjoyed it too.  You can use this one for any occasion you would like.

I shall return tomorrow with another card for you to see.  I do hope you will come and visit me then.  Thanks for dropping in today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment