CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Different Holiday Today

I guess fall is approaching and I am thinking about it a lot.  Of course having consistent temperature of over 100 degrees and no rain to relieve the heat, you can bet your bottom dollar I am ready for some cooler temperatures.  My focus has been on Christmas for the last few days but I do not want to leave other holidays out of the mix.  So today I am shifting my focus to my husband's favorite - Halloween.

I love to make Halloween cards for my nieces and nephews.  They get such a kick out of getting mail and seeing what I made.  It was definitely time for me to start working on a few ideas to get ready for the production of their cards.  So here is the one I worked on just the other day.  Ready?  Let's go.


Let me start as always with the base card.  This one is Gumball Green - one of my new favorite colors.  It is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Basic Gray measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  Next I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the spider web impression folder.  Once it was embossed, I sprayed it with Champagne shimmer spray.  I attached it using the runner adhesive to the gray.  The final layer of the card is Elegant Eggplant.  I cut this one to be 2 7/8" x 4 5/8".  I also ran this one through the big shot using the same spider web folder.  I also sprayed it with the same shimmer spray.  When I attached it to the card, I lined up the web lines on it with the black ones so it would seem continuous.  Purple rhinestones were added to the corners and to the background.


I wanted to put a word on that would be associated with Halloween.  I chose to use "spooky".  I used the big shot and the retired Billboard decorative strip to cut the letters out of Glimmer Silver card stock.  I attached them to the side using liquid glue.  I just love the sparkle of these!!


Now for out Pumpkin Witch.  To make her, I actually started with a stamp set called Wicked Cool.  I stamped the hat and the shoes using Basic Black ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I colored them in using my Gumball Green and Basic Black Stampin' Up! markers.  Once they were colors and had had time to dry, I cut them out.  I set them aside until it was time to use them.

For my other pieces, I used punches.  The head is a 3/4" circle punched from the retired Blushing Bride card stock.  I also used this color for the neck, arms and hands.  The neck and arms are punched with the word window punch along the edge of the card stock.  The hands are the scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack.  I did add some lines in between the fingers using the Blush Blossom marker.  For the hair and bangs I used Gumball Green card stock.  The bangs were made with the 1" circle punch.  I cut it in half and made the line wavy.  The back of the hair is the owl body from the owl builder punch minus the ears and feet.  The pumpkin was make using Pumpkin Pie card stock.  What else would you use to make it?  Anyway, the pieces were punched using the large oval punch.  You will need 3 to make the body.  The white of the eyes was punched from Whisper White card stock using the 1/8" circle punch while the lavender of the eyes and the nose were punched using the owl builder punch.  I used Wisteria Wonder card stock for the eyes and the retired Blushing Bride for the nose.  I drew the mouth on with the Wisteria Wonder marker and added the black to the eyes with a black marker.  Once all the pieces were punched, I got the hat and feet and assembled the girl using liquid glue.  Once she was all put together she was attached to the card using dimensionals.  I also added some orange Stickles glitter glue to the pumpkin.

Well I hope this inspires you to work on some Halloween cards.  I am having such a good time making all of these.  I especially love all the sparkle of the background on this card.  I wonder what I should make next?  Well I guess you will have to come back to see what I come up with.  Thanks for dropping by today and have a terrific Tuesday!!  See you tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment