CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Halloween Day 2

Yesterday I shared a card with you of a Halloween ballerina.  I wanted to continue that theme today so the card I have to share today is another Halloween one.  This one has lots of punch art items on it so let's get started shall we.


I started with a base card of Lucky Limeade cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it with runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I used a piece of designer paper I picked up at a local craft store.  It is cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  I attached it with runner adhesive and then added some dots of Stickles orange glitter glue for added jazz.  


The first creature I added to my card is a bat.  I used the retired bat punch to punch it out of Basic Black.  I added a couple of dots of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details for the eyes and attached him to the card using dimensionals.  Next I punched a modern label out of Lucky Limeade.  I set this aside until I was ready to use it.  Next I stamped my greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wisher stamp set onto Whisper White card stock.  I used an embossing powder called Halloween that is black with orange glitter in it to heat emboss the greeting.  I got this powder a few years ago at a stamp convention.  I then punched the greeting out using the word window and layered it onto the modern label using a runner adhesive.  I attached the entire piece to the card using dimensionals and added a dot of orange Stickles on each end. 


Here comes the creepy spider crawling down the wall!  He only used Basic Black card stock so it is easy to know what color you need for him.  His body is a 3/4" circle and his head is a 1/2" circle.  For his legs, I took the piece I had punched the bat out of and using the retired bat punch, I off set it from the bat hole and punched.  I did this 3 times.  All pieces of the spider are attached together with a liquid glue and Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details dots were added for the eyes.  The completed spider is attached using dimensionals.


Here you can see the last 2 punch art creations that were added to the card.  Let's start with the cat.  You need Whisper White cardstock for the cat, Lucky Limeade for the eyes and collar, Basic Black for the eyes and Elegant Eggplant for the mask.  The cat is very easy to make.  I used the large oval punch for the head.  I then offset the punch from the hole and punched again for the tail.  The legs and ears were made using the retired 5 petal flower punch.  You only need one flower for these.  The body is the word window punch.  The green of the eyes is a 1/2" circle cut in half and the black are the medium size circle from the owl builder punch.  For the collar, I used the retired horizontal slot punch.  You can use just a simple scrap of card stock.  The mask was made using the curly label punch.  I only punched a half of the label and then punched the top with the large oval punch to give it the swoop.  The holes for the eyes were made using the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  Now I will let you in on a little secret - I attach the eyes to the mask and then to the cat's face.  This way I do not have to worry about spacing them just perfectly.  I drew the whiskers on with a black marker and added white gel to the eyes.  I also added a purple Stickles glitter glue to outline the mask.  I also added Crystal Effects to the collar.  All pieces were adhered together using a liquid glue and the finished cat was attached using dimensionals.

Now onto the cauldron.  I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Lucky Limeade card stock for this.  The body of the cauldron is made using the decorative label punch.  You only need 1/2" of the label so either punch it along the edge of the card stock or cut it in half after you have punched it.  The legs of the cauldron are the owl from the owl builder punch.  I turned him upside down and stood him on his ears.  It makes perfect feet for the cauldron.  The scallop bubbles along the edge of the cauldron are made using the scallop oval punch.  Punch out the oval and then reinsert it into the punch and punch again.  The bubbles behind this are 1/2" circles while the bubbles on the front are made with the circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  All pieces were attached together using a liquid glue.  I then added a frosted glitter glue to the white bubbles and Crystal Effects to the green bubbles.  The completed cauldron is attached to the card using dimensionals.  

Well, I have absolutely no idea what I am going to share tomorrow.  I suppose I had better get into my craft room and get to work.  You will just have to come back and see what I come up with.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you all tomorrow.  






No comments:

Post a Comment