CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary To My In Laws

Happy Monday everyone.  This past Saturday, my mother in law and her husband celebrated their anniversary.  I could not let it go by without making a special card for the occasion. So I thought I would share the card I made with all of you today.  Let's jump right in and get started shall we?!


I started with a base card of Very Vanilla cut at 5" x 10", scored at 5".  In other words it is a 5" square card.  I added a layer of Pacific Point card stock cut at 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" using runner adhesive.  For the final top layer, I used a piece of Very Vanilla cut at 3 3/4" x 3 3/4". Before we go any further let me show you the greeting.



The greeting for this card comes from the stamp set Perfectly Penned.  I stamped it onto the vanilla card stock using Pacific Point ink.  Once the greeting was stamped onto it,  I ran it through my big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  This folder will be available in the upcoming holiday catalog from Stampin' Up!. I attached it to the card with the runner adhesive.


To decorate the rest of the front of the card, I turned to those cute little flowers - rosettes.  I used a retired designer series paper that I still have some of in my stash of paper.  I chose a few colors I liked.  Now I took the easy was to make these.  I pulled out my big shot and a sizzlits decorative strip I bought a few months ago at a local craft store.  This strip cuts out the strips for the rosettes as well as perforates where to fold them making putting them together a piece of cake.  It also cuts out the center pieces with the medallion look to them.  I then added a vanilla circle punched with my 1/2" circle punch to the center of each.  To finish it off, I added a blue rhinestone from my stash to to the center of each one.  It added just the right amount of sparkle to it.  

All in all this is a pretty simple card but I like the elegant look it has.  I hope my in-laws liked it.  Since this is the end of the card I guess it is the end of my post for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you.  For the next couple of days, I am going to share a couple of cards I made using paper dolls.  I hope you enjoy them.  Come back by tomorrow to see the first of the two.  I will see you all then.  Thanks for stopping by today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment