CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Inspiration By Pinterest

A couple of months ago, my oldest daughter introduced me to Pinterest.  I had no idea what it was but she assured me I would really like it.  Well, she was right.  I not only post my creations there but I find good recipes and inspiration for cards as well.  I will say you do need to set aside time to spend going through all of the things you can find there.  Trust me you can get lost for hours if you are not careful.

My share from today was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Peg Coombes.  When I saw her card, I immediately loved it and wanted to try it.  I have changed the theme of the card and the colors and decorations to suit my needs.  Let me show you what it looks like.


The part inspired by Peg is the actual piano.  We will get to that in a few minutes.  I chose to use a base card of Tempting Turquoise cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I knew I was making this for a birthday and wanted bright happy colors for it.  I added a layer of a white glitter card stock I found at a local craft store.  It is cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  To make the top layer of this card I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  Then I took scraps of Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green and cut strips measuring 1" x 3 3/4".  I adhered these side by side using runner adhesive.  I wanted to emboss it so I ran it through the big shot using a music note impression folder I got at my local craft store.  You have to put a little muscle into this when running it through since it is 2 layers thick.  I then sprayed it using my champagne shimmer spray.  All layers were adhered together using the runner adhesive.


Let's move on to the words on this one.  I know it is hard to see but I used the same white glitter card stock to cut out the letters.  I ran the pieces through my big shot using the Billboard letters die which is retired now.  These were adhered to the top of the piano using a liquid glue.  (Yes I know I was a little messy but it is hard to not get a little extra glue somewhere on the card.)  I also used a small music note punch I was given as a gift and punched out 3 of these from the same card stock.  They too are adhered using the same liquid glue.


Now lets talk about the piano itself.  I started by cutting a top note using my big shot and Basic Black card stock.  I actually cut 2 of these and then cut 1 of those in half.  Next I punched out word windows from Whisper White and Basic Black card stock.  I placed the white ones side by side across the top note and adhered them down with a runner adhesive.  Then I took the black ones and placed them to look like the upper keys on the piano.  These were also adhered with the runner adhesive.  Once these were all in place and securely fastened, I placed the half top note on the top of the piano and adhered it using the runner adhesive.  I sprayed this with the champagne shimmer spray also which you can see in the picture with the words really well.

I love this piano.  I certainly hope to use it again for another card.  Maybe I will do a holiday card with it.  If you have never been on Pinterest, I encourage you to go and take a look at it.  You will be pleased with the variety of topics and the creations you find there.

I wish all of you a nice weekend and I will return on Monday with another share.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  See you later!!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment