CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More Paper Dolls

Happy Tuesday to you all.  It is funny how you begin a week with nothing on your calendar and end up having several days with things scheduled to do.  Now if it is fun stuff I am all for it.  The not so fun stuff I do not like.  Oh well.  That is just how life goes.  I think my daughter said it best yesterday when she posted on Facebook that it is a great day to be alive.  I am so thankful for every moment I have be given with my family and friends.  Now let's get busy with a card.

As I told you yesterday, I made a couple of cards using the Cricut machine and my Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  I really enjoy using this cartridge.  I have made paper dolls for my cards as well as made them for my niece and others to have to actually play with.  They love to work with this one because they get to pick out the clothes for their doll as well as the patterned paper to make them out of when its time.  These cards may seem silly to you but I do hope you enjoy them.  Let's get started with the card for today.


For some reason, making this first one seemed like the right one to do.  The dolls remind me a little of Pebbles and Bam Bam from The Flintstones.  While I still want to make them out of punches I enjoyed making them this way too.  I started with a base card of Crumb Cake cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Chocolate Chip card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and attached it using runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I took a piece of Whisper White and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I then chalked the sky background onto it (bet you guessed that) and added a torn strip of Garden Green to make the grass.  I attached this to the card using the runner adhesive once again.  

To make a complete background for this one, I wanted to add a little something to it.  When I was looking at the accessories I could make on the Cricut for these two, I happen to see the volcano.  I really liked it and immediately knew what I would do with it.  I cut it out of Chocolate Chip card stock on the Cricut.  Once it was cut out, I took my Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details glitter glue and added the lava.  I did this before attaching it to the card.  You will need to allow this to dry completely before you attach it to the card.  I used liquid glue to attach the finished volcano.  Of course it needed some smoke puffs so I used a retired flower trio punch I had and punched a set out of Basic Gray.  You can use the scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack for these.  I attached them to the card using glue dots and then added Crystal Effects to the top of them giving them that puffy, glossy look.


I am sure you know that all parts of the boy were cut from the Cricut machine.  I used Daffodil Delight for the hair (after all Bam Bam was a blonde), Crumb Cake for his animal skin and retired Blushing Bride for the body. I added the eyes, nose and mouth using my Stampin' Up! markers.  I also added a brown glitter glue I happen to have to the animal skin to give it a print.  He had to have his club so I cut that with the Cricut out of Early Espresso card stock and ran it through the big shot machine using the new Woodgrain impression folder that will be available in the Holiday catalog as of August 1st.  All pieces were attached together using a liquid glue and the finished product was attached to the card using dimensionals.  


Again I want to be sure you know all pieces were made with the Cricut machine.  I used Real Red for her hair, retired Blushing Bride for the body, Crumb Cake for the animal skin and Very Vanilla for the hair bone and necklace.  Stampin' Up! markers were used to add all facial details to her.  I added some of the same brown glitter glue to her animal skin as I did to the boys.  This time I chose dots.  I just wanted to be different.  I also wanted to add a little something to her hair bone and necklace.  I went searching through my stash of rhinestones and found this set I picked up a few months ago at a local craft store.  They have an amber tint to them and I thought they would work very well for her necklace.  Luckily the set contained various sized so that I could use a large one for the hair bone and several smaller ones for her necklace.  

This card could be used for a child's birthday as a birthday card or invitation..  You could even use it for a get well if you wanted to.  I do think the paper dolls lend themselves to children's cards but use them for who ever you would like too.  The nice thing about these dolls is you can actually work with children to make cards using them.  They love to create a background for the setting and dressing up the dolls.  It is a wonderful project for them.  

I hope you like the cave people.  I will be back tomorrow with another paper doll card.  I hope you stop back by to see it.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today and I will see you all tomorrow!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment