CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Pretty As A Princess

Well, we all made it to Friday!!  I must say this has been a long week.  I have been trying to ignore outside distractions and just get through the things I needed to get through.  I am exhausted!  Hopefully, I will get a little rest this weekend.  Maybe we will even get some rain.  I sure hope so because the pressure changes have triggered migraines for me off and on all week.

By now I am sure you all know I love Disney things.  I guess I am forever the girl who wants only happy endings in life.  Since we have no control over reality, I enjoy watching the Disney movies where everyone ends up happy.  Well maybe not the villains but the good guys do.  Today's card features one of the Disney princesses and is one I think you will enjoy.  Ready to see it?  Let's go!!



It's Snow White!!  I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Night of Navy on top of that using runner adhesive.  This piece measured 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  Next I sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray.  I then added light blue rhinestones to the center of the flowers and then attached the entire piece to the card using runner adhesive.



The little bird is so easy to make.  I knew if I used the bird body from the bird builder punch that it would be way too large for her hand.  So instead, I took some Bashful Blue card stock and punched out the wing from the bird builder punch for the bird body.  I then punched a 1/2" circle for the head.  The feet were punched from Tangerine Tango card stock using the owl builder punch.  The eye is also the small circle from the owl builder punch.  I punched it in Basic Black and Pacific Point and layered them on top of each other.  The beak is a prong from the star punch included in the Merry Minis punch pack which is in the upcoming Holiday Catalog.  All pieces of the bird were attached together using a liquid glue and the finished bird was attached to the card with dimensionals.

The greeting is from the stamp set Itty Bitty Banners.  I stamped this using VersaMark ink onto Night of Navy card stock and then heat embossed it using a white embossing powder which I added some dazzling diamond glitter too.  Once it was embossed and cooled, I cut out the banner using the Bitty Banner framelits and the big shot.  I attached this to the card using dimensionals.


I learned to make Snow White from the punch queen Ellen Kemper.  Visit her blog to get a list of the punches used to make her.  I changed a few things for mine to have it look the way I wanted but the list of punched from her will give you the basic idea and get you off and running making your own.  I think I did a pretty nice job for the first time.  I am inspired to try making a few more of the princesses.  I have not seen any others made of punch art and may just have to give them a try myself.

I certainly hope you all have a nice weekend this weekend.  I do so appreciate the few minutes you take to drop in each day and see my cards.  I will be back on Monday with another card to share with you.  Until then, stay safe and keep stamping!!  See you Monday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment