CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Super Hero Birthday Card

Yesterday I mentioned in my blog that my daughter's boyfriend celebrated his birthday over the weekend.  He is a huge Batman fan.  What is funny about that is my husband and my other daughter's boyfriend are both huge Batman fans too.  I guess it is a guy thing at my house.  Anyway, I decided to talk his love of Batman and put it into a birthday card for him.  I thought I would share it with you today.


This card was a lot of fun to make.  I first saw a card similar to this one made by Marie Shaughnessy.  Click here to see her card.  I started with a base card of Not Quite Navy card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer to the top of Basic Black cut to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I used runner adhesive to do this.  For the top layer, I cut another piece of Not Quite Navy at 4" x 5 1/4".  I decorated it before I layered it on with runner adhesive.  


I main portion of the front is devoted to the buildings.  I used Basic Gray and Basic Black card stock for these.  I cut one of each color to be 1 3/8" wide and one of each to be 1 5/8" wide.  The heights were not exact measurements.  I just staggered them. I angled the top of two of the building freehand.  I also added an antenna to the tallest one using a scrap strip of Brushed Silver and a 1/8" circle of Brushed Silver.   I added some Whisper White craft ink to the edges of the buildings using a sponge.  I then adhered the buildings using a repositional adhesive so that I could manipulate them to add the other pieces of the scene.  Once all pieces were added, I adhered them with a permanent runner adhesive.  

For the windows, I drew vertical lines and horizontal lines on 2 using a white gel pen.  I then added small squares on the other 2 with the white gel pen.  Just pack your patience because this does take time but the overall look is terrific.


To make the Bat signal, I started with a piece of vellum.  There are no measurements for this one.  I just cut and placed and cut and placed until it looked like I wanted.  I then colored the vellum using Daffodil Delight ink and a Q-Tip.  I punched a large oval out of Basic Gray card stock and trimmed the edges to give it the clould look.  Now my husband asked why I did not make this yellow instead of gray.  The answer was simple.  The signal always appeared on a cloud in the sky and the sky was always dark.  I have never seen a yellow cloud so I went with gray. I added a little Basic Black ink to it using a sponge.   I adhered the vellum to the card using a glue stick and then attached the building permanently to the card.  The cloud is attached at the top of the vellum using runner adhesive.  I then took the retired bat punch and punched out a Basic Black bat.  I added black glitter to the bat and attached him to the cloud using dimensionals.  


To complete the final look, I punched out large ovals and small ovals using Basic Gray card stock.  I trimmed the edges of these to give the cloud feel to them and attached them to the card using runner adhesive.  I finished it by using Basic Black ink and my sponge and adding ink to the clouds and sky.  I wanted it to have a dark night feel.

This card was easy to make and fun to do.  I think lots of boys and men would love a Batman themed card.  Take at look at Marie's and give one a try if you feel the urge.  

Well, my sister in law will be having her back surgery tomorrow.  I will be keeping my nieces and nephew so it should be a busy day.  I will do my best to get a card made to share with you.  Come back tomorrow to see if I am successful.  Thanks for dropping by today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment