CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Christmas Flower

Happy Tuesday to you all!!  Today's post is going to be short and to the point.  No boring stories.  The flower most people associate with Christmas is the Poinsettia.  I made some of these last year and decided to make them again this year.  So here is the card I created using one of these flowers.


You may remember this flower from last year but who says you cannot use the same punch art again on a different design?  I started this with a base card of Real Red card stock.  I cut this to measure 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I added a layer of Garden Green card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my big shot using the Holly impression folder.  I sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray and attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and ran it through the big shot using the new impression folder from the Holiday catalog called Holiday Frame.  Once the card stock was embossed, I took my sponge and my Real Red ink and brushed it over the design.  I then cut it out and attached it to the green using runner adhesive.  


To add a little something to the holly leaves, I decided to place pearls where the berries would be.  Now I know berries are usually red, but I did not feel like coloring mine.  I did look for some red rhinestones but did not see any that would work.  Most of the time red rhinestones have a red/orange color to them.  I am just not fond of that.  You can alcohol ink diamond like rhinestones but again I just did not want to.  Guess I was being lazy!!


Finally we get to the poinsettia itself.  I used 2 colors of card stock making this.  The first is Daffodil Delight. I punched a 1/2" circle out of this color for the center of the flower.  The rest of the flower uses Real Red card stock.  I used the blossom petals builder punch.  I used the long thin petal to make the entire flower.  I first punched a 1 1/4" circle out of red to build the petals on.  I then punched out 14 petals for the flower.  I placed these and the center circle (yellow) into the Snow Burst impression folder and ran them through the big shot.  Once impressed, I sprayed the petals with the champagne shimmer spray and then it was time to build the flower.  I used 7 petals for the bottom layer.  I used a liquid glue to attach these to the circle.  Make sure to have the points meet in the middle and leave space between each petal.  Then you are ready to layer the top.  You do the same method making sure to offset these according to the bottom layer so your flower has a nice full look.  Once all petals are adhered with the liquid glue, use the same glue to attach the yellow center to the flower.  I wanted to tie mine in with the other parts of the card so I added a large pearl to the center.  Allow you flower to dry completely and then attach it to the card using a dimensional.

Give this one a try.  It is super easy and I am sure you can design a beautiful Christmas card with it.  I will return tomorrow with another card to share with you.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today.  





No comments:

Post a Comment