CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Christmas Once Again

Happy Wednesday to you all.  I am still in that holiday mood which is really no surprise to me.  I love Christmas so much and cannot wait until it is time for the tree to be put up.  I am enjoying playing around with all my Christmas stamps too but have not decided on a particular theme for my cards this year.  I thought I would share one of the new stamps out of the 2012 - 2013 catalog with you.  I was really drawn to this stamp because they retired one similar to it.  So let me show you the card and we will get started.


Isn't this a handsome deer?  Well we will discuss him in a few minutes.  I started this card with a base card of Always Artichoke.  I cut it to be 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I wanted to jazz up the edges of the card a little so I started by using a retired stamp set called Christmas Punch.  I used the snowflake trio stamp from it and stamp all the way around the card using VersaMark ink.  I added clear embossing powder on top of them and heat embossed them so they would look glossy.  Next, I added a layer of Cherry Cobbler that I cut to be 3 3/4" x 4 1/2".  I ran it through my big shot using the Northern Flurry impression folder.  I added some pearls to the snowflakes on it after I had placed the reindeer.  It is attached to the base using runner adhesive.  I also sprayed the entire card with my Champagne shimmer spray once all components had been added.  


The greeting I chose to use for this one is also from a retired stamp set called Four the Holidays.  I stamped it on Whisper White using the VersaMark ink once again and then heat embossed it using a gold embossing powder.  I used a piece of card stock measuring 1/2" x 3 3/8".  I brushed the edges of it with the Always Artichoke ink and attached it to the card using dimensionals.    Now on to the star of my card!!!!


Stampin' Up! use to have a stamp called Dasher.  I do own it and it is one of my favorites.  I was so upset when I found out it was retiring.  However, I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it.  It is called Christmas Deer.  I started this part of the card with a piece of Whisper White cut at 2 5/8" x 3 3/4".  I stamped my deer onto it using the VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using the Early Espresso embossing powder.  Once it was set, I used a white glue with a tip to make fine lines and outlined all of the antlers.  I sprinkled gold glitter onto these and set it aside to dry.  Once dry, I edged the piece using the Always Artichoke ink and then layer it onto a 2 3/4" x 3 7/8" piece of Brushed Gold using my runner adhesive.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.  I made sure to place it over the non - embossed area of the cherry so that the snowflakes would be visible.  

All in all this is a fairly easy card to create.  I love the look of it.  I am so glad I got to share it with you.  We are once again struggling with an internet problem.  While we have talked to our carrier more times than I can count, they have been unable to isolate the problem and fix it.  I do plan to continue to blog but if you happen to drop in and there is not a blog for that day you will know the internet went out and I could not post one.  Otherwise, please do check in because I plan to be here.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you all tomorrow ( I hope!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment