CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Good-Bye Card

Happy Monday to all.  I want to publicly wish my daughter's boyfriend Matt a very Happy Birthday.  His special day was yesterday and while I did send him wishes via text, he is special and deserved to see his name in my blog too.

My weekend turned out to be a pretty busy one.  My sister called me last week and asked if I could make a going away card for one of her coworkers who is moving on to a new challenge.  Of course I said yes.  I finished out my blog cards and planned to work on this one all weekend.  Well, I found out she really needed it by Monday which would have given me 2 days but since it is the start of the college school year, she had to work all weekend.  The only time I could really get it to her would be Saturday evening.  Well wouldn't you know that Saturday evening was also the banquet for my husband's charity.  So I was limited to just Saturday morning and afternoon to get this done.  Lucky for me, my sister had an idea of what she wanted and it allowed me to get going very quickly.  I thought I would share with you what I made today.


I had made a Dr. Seuss card with the same theme a few years ago for another friend who was moving.  While I had a basic idea of what I wanted, I did use a sticker set to decorate that card.  This time I had no stickers and no time to go shopping.  So I pulled out my handy book by Dr. Seuss and started thinking of how to design my card.  Since the entire office staff would need to be able to sign this card, I had to make sure I included enough space to allow this.  The card measure 8 1/2" x 11".  That means there is no cutting of the card stock on this one.  I went with a piece of Night of Navy for the cover and Basic Black for the back.  I placed 3 pieces of Whisper White card stock in between and added a quote from the book to each of those pieces.  That left plenty of room on each page for signatures and notes of good wishes.  I took each piece of card stock and scored them down the side at the 1/2" mark.  I used a paper piercer to make 5 holes down the side and bound the card pages using silver brads.  I used Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight card stock to cut out oval from.  I did this by using my retired ovals die for the big shot as well as my large oval punch and the retired small oval punch.  For the larger ovals, I used my Cricut machine and a cartridge called Plaintin SchoolBook.  Once the ovals were finished being cut out, I layered them in a similar fashion to the cover of the book using runner adhesive.  I cut out the letters for the title from Daffodil Delight card stock using the big shot and the retired decorative strip Billboard.  The letters are adhered to the card using a liquid glue and added yellow glitter glue to the top of the letters.  I then added yellow glitter glue dots to the blue part of the card and set it aside to dry while I worked on the cat.


I wanted to show you a closer look at the whole cat close up.  Yes I know the cat is black and white, but I decided to cut all parts of the body out of Whisper White card stock and sponge each piece with Basic Gray and Basic Black ink.  I am going to break him into top and bottom halves to go over how to make him.


Sometimes I do one half at a time to make it easier for you to understand the directions.  This time however, I am doing this because I actually learned to make the hat, head, face, neck and tie from the punch queen herself Ellen Kemper.  So as always, I am going to direct you to her sight to learn how to do this portion of the cat.  Click on this link to get the instructions:  http://blinkthinkink.blogspot.com/2010/08/famous-feline-yep-another-one.html


The body of the cat is all my own development.  The main body is a wide oval trimmed down to get the shape I wanted.  The arms and legs are the word window punch.  I punched these along the edge of the card stock so instead of a whole window I only used a little over a half.  The hands are from the retired heart to heart punch.  I used the widest heart from this.  For the feet I turned to the retired small oval punch but I bet you could use the current one too.  Last but not least, I used the stem of the branch from the bird builder punch to make the tail.  All pieces for both top and bottom were adhered together using liquid glue and the completed cat was attached to the card using dimensionals.  

I had fun making this one and while it took time to cut out all the ovals and layer them to achieve the final look I wanted, it was well worth it.  I enjoyed making the cat too.  I cannot wait to use him on another card.  

This week is busy for me.  We have family coming into town tomorrow and my sister in law is having back surgery on Wednesday.  So while my intentions to post each day are heartfelt, I hope you will understand if I miss a day or two.  I really am hoping to have craft time each day and get a card made to share with you each day.  I just know how life is and how quickly things can come up and change plans.  I do hope you will stop by to check each day and see if I managed to create something.  I will do my best.  Thanks for dropping by today!  See you soon!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment