CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Change for the Go Go Girls

Hello everyone and happy Thursday.  I have been busy busy busy this week with card requests and am having a lot of fun making all of them.  I thought I would let you in on my fun by sharing some of the cards with you.  The one I am sharing today was made for my sister's friend.  My first thought was to use cupcakes on the card.  Well as all creative people have experienced, my thought took a slight turn and the design morphed into something else.  Ready to see it?


Ta Da!!!!  Aren't they cute?!  I was thinking about the go go girls while planning the card and was going to try to use one on it.  All of a sudden, this idea popped into my head.  But I don't want to get ahead of myself so let's start at the beginning.  

I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base card of Elegant Eggplant.  It is scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black onto it with runner adhesive.  This piece was cut to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I used a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I started this piece by using a swirl stamp and stamping it using VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  Once it cooled I ran it through the big shot using the music notes impression folder.  Now you would think I had done enough to this piece but no.  I had to spray it with my frosted shimmer spray.  Once dry, I attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  I added some pink and purple rhinestones to this piece after the girls and greeting were attached.


Now let's look at the go go girl who is now a cupcake girl.  I started by using my cupcake builder punch and punching out the pieces of the cupcake.  I used a designer paper I picked up for the bottom of the cake and ran it through my crimper.  I then punched out the frosting of the cake from shimmer white card stock.  I glued these together using liquid glue.  Next I punched the face out of the retired Blushing Bride card stock using the 3/4" circle punch.  I then punched a 1" circle around the 3/4" hole and cut it into 5 pieces for the neck, arms, and legs.  I also punched a 1" circle out of Soft Suede and cut it in half to use as the bangs for the girls.  The back of the hair is from the owl builder punch.  I punched it using the Soft Suede, cut the feet off and turned him upside down.  The nose also come from the owl builder as well as the boots and hands.  The headband is a 1" circle punched just offset from a 3/4" circle hole using the designer paper.  I then punched a glimmer red cherry out using the cupcake builder punch to top it off.  All pieces were assembled together using liquid glue and the finished girls are attached to the card using dimensionals.  I added pink and purple rhinestones to the frosting for decoration.


I wanted to be sure you got to see both girls but the focus of this photo is really the greeting.  This greeting is from the stamp set Perfect Punches.  I stamped it using Elegant Eggplant ink onto shimmer white card stock and punched it out with the wide oval.  I brushed the edges with a sponge and the eggplant ink.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals and of course it had to have rhinestones too.


For the inside I chose a stamp from the stamp set A Word For You.  I stamped it using the same Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White card stock.  It is attached to the card using runner adhesive.  I then punched out several cherries from the glimmer red card stock with the cupcake builder punch.  I attached them around the saying using my 2 way glue pen.

Well I am off to start working on the next request.  I will have another card to share with you tomorrow so please come back by.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment