CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 7, 2012

A Halloween Birthday

It's Friday!!!!  Once again we find ourselves at the beginning of the weekend.  Well my internet whoas continue.  We had the nice little man come out and check all of our connections.  He found that everything was running superbly at our house but not at the neighbors.  So we contacted our neighbor and now must wait until the nice internet provider comes to fix his issue which should in turn fix ours.  The sad part of it is who knows when that will happen.  So until it does, I will just fight with the internet and if it takes 6 hours to get my blog typed then so be it.  I shall not allow it to defeat me!!!

Over the years, I have met several people who have a birthday on Halloween or just before it.  My sister in Florida celebrates her's the day before it.  So I decided to make a card for a birthday using some of my favorite Halloween colors.  Ready to see it?  Here we go!!


I started this card with a base of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Basic Black which measures 4" x 5 1/4".  The Elegant Eggplant layer was cut to be 3 3/4" x 5".  Once cut I ran it through my big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  It was then sprayed with the champagne shimmer spray.  All layers were attached to the base using runner adhesive.


Next comes the cupcakes.  The stamp comes from the retired stamp set called Crazy for Cupcakes.  I stamped it using StazOn ink onto a piece of acetate.  Next I used a white glue that would dry clear and began to color my image. Fill in the image on the side of the acetate you stamped on.  You will be able to feel the ink lines. This is known as the stain glass technique.  You work from darkest to lightest glitter color to do this.  Before I begin, I like to wipe the image using a used dryer sheet.  This helps remove the static from the image so the glitter will not stick where you do not want it.  Fill in the areas you want to used your darkest glitter on with the glue.  Sprinkle the glitter over it and shake off the excess.  Then continue the process with your remaining glitter colors until all areas are filled in and glittered.  You will need to put this aside and allow it to dry completely.  You will know when it is dry because the glitter will show on the other side of the image which will face out instead of the glue.  To layer it onto the card, I took a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock and cut it to be 3" x 4 1/4".  I used a corner punch I picked up at a local craft store and punched the corners.  I then ran it through the big shot using the same Lacy Brocade impression folder.  I attached the acetate to this by using my 2 way glue pen and added glue to the back of the corner punch areas.  I slipped the corners of the acetate under these and pressed down.  The glue will dry and your acetate will be adhered to the background.  I attached the entire piece to the card using glue dots on the corners and some runner adhesive in between.  Once attached, I added a black pearl to each corner.  


Last, I added my birthday greeting.  This comes from the stamp set Create A Cupcake.  I stamped it using Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I punched it out using the word window.  The edges are colored using a sponge and my Pumpkin Pie ink.  The greeting was adhered to the card with dimensionals.

Well, that is all for today.  Thanks for your patience.  I will return Monday with another share for you.  Until then, have a safe and wonderful weekend!!  See you next week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment